NO FREAKING WAY DID I JUST Brick my PHONE?!

JesseMONSTER

Reaction score
Alright so i just got into the whole rooting system.. and i thought that i understood it... at least for the most part.. I just rooted my phone like 2 days ago with the New Universal Androot... well basically its like a one click rooting process from my stock 2.2 FRG01B... umm.. so i rooted it and was having a great time, i wa overclocked to 800 mhz.. on the stock kernal and everything.. I was getting pretty bored already...
...I Made a Nandroid backup and I decided to download the Rom Manager app.. i paid for it and everything... basically i was still trying to understand how it worked..
I started to download themes..
THATS WHEN I RAN INTO MY PROBLEM
I downloaded a theme.. went into my bootloader and installed it..
so I thought I was doing alright.. and without any direction from anyone I thought I was doing a great job for doing this on my own..
So I went to Reboot my phone.. and it got stuck on the Droid Boot Image.. and it was on there for a good 15 min.. So at this point im ready to RIP MY HEAD OFF AND BLOW UP AN ICE CREAM SHOP.. SO KIDS AND WHOEVER LIKES ICE CREAM WOULD FEEL MY PAIN...

I took My battery out, and tried to load the bootloader again so i could just do a backup.. well the bootloader comes up and its just saying
Bootloader 2C.7C
how it was before i rooted... So... then..i went into the android Recovery menu .. and nothing there looked like it would help me out either...
so i take my SD card out and hook it up into my laptop.. THERE WASN'T EVEN A NANDROID FILE ON MY SD CARD!.. but there was another backup that i made with that clockmod thing or whatever.... i just need to get into THE OTHER bootload menu..
Any advice or help would be so amazing to me.. haha sorry for this being so long.. i was just thinking that maybe if i went into more detail.. then someone would know where at it was where i messed up...
thanks.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Any advice or help would be so amazing to me.. haha sorry for this being so long.. i was just thinking that maybe if i went into more detail.. then someone would know where at it was where i messed up...
thanks.

if you just flashed then you got no stored data just pull the sdcard goto the forum containing your rom of preference then d/l it to sdcard goto recovery menu and install zip from sdcard and select the rom {with clockworkmod}

if using spr recovery rename the rom to update.zip and reflash

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The unrooted version of FRG01B that you put on your phone, or was it the OTA version, whichever, it reinstalls the stock recovery if it finds it's no longer there. Try going into the stock recovery and do a factory hard restore.

Directions:

[FONT=&quot]With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Power[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.[/FONT]

That should, I think, get your phone back up and running with the stock os.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i sort of deleted the rom
that is why you d/l new copy and add to your sdcard manually i am not sure which rom you are using or trying to use but should still work same way with all.
as long as you get your recovery menu your phone is fixable

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey bayou you ever been pulled over by steven seagal? j/k
sorry back ot if he was on 2.2 for rootubg even Christim says you should check out motocache1 version which is in my sig just click the red

and i quote
"Also, for those on Android 2.2 I recommend the following thread started by MotoCache1: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version"

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hey bayou you ever been pulled over by steven seagal? j/k
sorry back ot if he was on 2.2 for rootubg even Christim says you should check out motocache1 version which is in my sig just click the red

and i quote
"Also, for those on Android 2.2 I recommend the following thread started by MotoCache1: Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version"

Steven Seagal - has he lost his mind or what??

You do understand that the op only has the stock recovery now and can not boot up? He is, at this point, stuck in stock recovery. That is the situation as I understand it and if that is correct, he is going to have to do the sbf thing. I think the simplest thing would be to install sprecovery via sbf and then install a rom that he has placed on his sdcard. Good luck OP.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Steven Seagal - has he lost his mind or what??

You do understand that the op only has the stock recovery now and can not boot up? He is, at this point, stuck in stock recovery. That is the situation as I understand it and if that is correct, he is going to have to do the sbf thing. I think the simplest thing would be to install sprecovery via sbf and then install a rom that he has placed on his sdcard. Good luck OP.

not sure if he did lose his mind

but yea i went back and re-read i dont quite know how i missed the default recovery screen my bad You are right gonna have to re-flash spr and start over

JesseMONSTER just little word to the wise next time make sure you are downloading a theme for your specific configuration. Saves you a whole lot of headaches.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jesse, your problem was caused by the version of the stock FRB01B that you had installed. If you put the totally stock version on it was built by Google to check the recovery files on boot-up. If it finds anything other than stock recovery there, it replaces your spr or clockwork with the stock recovery files. So, even though you start out with SPR and use it to install the FRG01B file, SPR gets deleted once you reboot. So, if you want a stock os, here is a great one from P3Droid: Droid - FRG22D, rooted, deodexed, busyboxed **Rooted Users