No Flash for IPHONE or IPAD!!!

Reaction score
Yeah that news has been known for weeks. I mean I don't think Steve Jobs saying it coulda made it anymore obvious

Other breaking news is that the motorola nexus incredible one evo 6g droid will be out tomorow!!!!

:icon_evil: Mood

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I want it for the Droid, of course, but I want it for IE 64bit just as badly.

Darkseider

Reaction score
The important websites are already switching to HTML5 to support the iPad.

Apple - iPad-ready websites

Point is it is only a handful of sites. Not to mention that HTML5 won't be a standard for a few years to come. In the meantime all the other Flash enables sites will be crippled on the iPhad devices while Android will enjoy the full experience. Also with Adobe CS5 and Adobe AIR there will be ALOT of apps coming to Android due to ease of development. It's a beautiful thing. :icon_ banana:

M

Matth3w

Point is it is only a handful of sites. Not to mention that HTML5 won't be a standard for a few years to come. In the meantime all the other Flash enables sites will be crippled on the iPhad devices while Android will enjoy the full experience. Also with Adobe CS5 and Adobe AIR there will be ALOT of apps coming to Android due to ease of development. It's a beautiful thing. :icon_ banana:
Point is, it's only a handful of sites a few weeks after the release. The iPad is going to push along HTML5 believe me. 700k sold in the first week or so is a large customer base many websites are going to be missing out on if they don't switch or at least make it an option.

When is Flash coming out for the Droid?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Perhaps this is the reason why, or related to the reason why Apple doesn't want Flash for the iPhone or iPad
Apple's next big thing? Video, analyst says - Computerworld

Not entirely sure where they are going with this, but a huge datacenter such as they are building could serve many purposes.

One could only hope. One more Apple walled garden strewn with DRM to be locked into. The more and more they do this the more people research and run away. I don't think Uncle Steve gets it yet. People don't like to be handheld and coddled. We like freedom and options which Apple is taking away more and more of every day and with every new hardware/software release.

M

Matth3w

Perhaps this is the reason why, or related to the reason why Apple doesn't want Flash for the iPhone or iPad

Not entirely sure where they are going with this, but a huge datacenter such as they are building could serve many purposes.

One could only hope. One more Apple walled garden strewn with DRM to be locked into. The more and more they do this the more people research and run away. I don't think Uncle Steve gets it yet. People don't like to be handheld and coddled. We like freedom and options which Apple is taking away more and more of every day and with every new hardware/software release.
They have sold over 20 million iPhones easily (they sold 5.4 million in just one quarter last year), not to mention iPods, iPod Touches, and about a million iPads in the first month.

So I think the market tends to disagree with your statement that people run away.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Point is, it's only a handful of sites a few weeks after the release. The iPad is going to push along HTML5 believe me. 700k sold in the first week or so is a large customer base many websites are going to be missing out on if they don't switch or at least make it an option.

When is Flash coming out for the Droid?

The iPhad devices will push nothing as far as HTML5 is concerned. It will be YEARS before it becomes a standard and sites that are media rich start migrating to it. 700k in the first few weeks and the sales have dropped off a cliff afterwards. The initial sales spike was early adopters. Now that the "must have" crew grabbed their precious iPod Touch XL its' sales have slowed tremendously. Apple is good at one thing and that is marketing its' products as magical and revolutionary and the mouth breathing, toe walking morons buy into it. Those that have the slightest bit of common sense and read reviews and research prior to making a purchase see that it is smoke and mirrors and buy another, more competent and feature complete product.

More and more people, including existing Apple customers are seeing Apple for what it is. This is one of the reasons that iPhad devices are beginning to lose share to Android and soon WP7 devices as well. Once the tablet market gets hit with Android tablets you will see another big loss for Apple as well. It's only a matter of time before Apple's iEmpire crumbles.

Darkseider

Reaction score

They have sold over 20 million iPhones easily (they sold 5.4 million in just one quarter last year), not to mention iPods, iPod Touches, and about a million iPads in the first month.

So I think the market tends to disagree with your statement that people run away.

You do know that the majority of iPhones sold since the 3GS release has been to existing customers upgrading from a 2G/3G? The total number of new buyers has dwindled from what it once was. Whereas Android devices, across ALL carriers, continue to see a HUGE growth in sales. By this time next year Android will be on even footing with Apple in the smartphone arena. That I have absolutely no doubt of.

M

Matth3w

If the Android tablets are anything like the ones I have owned for over a year, it won't make anything crumble...they are garbage.

What sites are you guys missing with Flash that's so important? To me it used to be sports websites and news websites. So I no longer have to worry about that.

Hulu? There are netflix apps. And if you're talking for your phone, the Droid won't even barely last through a movie playing on Hulu with WiFi on anyhow.