No Face unlock

Polndsprin

Reaction score
Hey guys so i just bought a Nexus but i have not registered it yet under Verizon
I was looking to fool around with the face unlock feature to find it missing in my settings menu. My only options are slide, pin, password.
Any thoughts as to why i cant choose it?

OP
P

Polndsprin

Reaction score
Oh, I do. Im sorry, I have both pattern and none. Just no Face Unlock. Could it be bc i skipped through the initial phone set up stuff?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Polndsprin said:
Oh, I do. Im sorry, I have both pattern and none. Just no Face Unlock. Could it be bc i skipped through the initial phone set up stuff?

Did you connect to an exchange server?

If so the security settings on most servers will remove face unlock from the phone and the only way to get it back is a factory reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

OP
P

Polndsprin

Reaction score
Did you connect to an exchange server?

If so the security settings on most servers will remove face unlock from the phone and the only way to get it back is a factory reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

Nope, no exchange server.

I bought off a 3rd party today and havent had time to go get a micro sd card or anything. Ill report back when i have the phone linked to my number and everything up and running.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Nope, no exchange server.

I bought off a 3rd party today and havent had time to go get a micro sd card or anything. Ill report back when i have the phone linked to my number and everything up and running.

Also report back when you find where to put that micro sd card! ;)

OP
P

Polndsprin

Reaction score
Good news, Face unlock is now available. I went to verizon got a micro sim card and the phone is now under my number and bam, face unlock is a option. No luck on the micro sd card slot tho, ill keep working on that.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Good news, Face unlock is now available. I went to verizon got a micro sim card and the phone is now under my number and bam, face unlock is a option. No luck on the micro sd card slot tho, ill keep working on that.

It was a joke, there is no sd card slot on the Galaxy Nexus.