No Droid yet, just questions

kilkenny

Reaction score
I've had my current phone for over 4 years. It's just a phone so upgrading this time will be very exciting with all the new abilities. I have a couple questions yet until I make a decision.

Is there anyone here in California using this phone hands free? I've read about the issues with bluetooth and I'm concerned I won't be able to make it work for me while driving.

I'm not an impatient person and can wait for the latest. For current Droid owners I'm wondering, if they could turn their phone in for free (right now or in a month or two) in exchange for something else, would you and what would you look at replacing it with? I want to be sure I'm not missing anything that may come out in a month or two that will make me wish I waited.

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my current phone for over 4 years. It's just a phone so upgrading this time will be very exciting with all the new abilities. I have a couple questions yet until I make a decision.

Is there anyone here in California using this phone hands free? I've read about the issues with bluetooth and I'm concerned I won't be able to make it work for me while driving.

I'm not an impatient person and can wait for the latest. For current Droid owners I'm wondering, if they could turn their phone in for free (right now or in a month or two) in exchange for something else, would you and what would you look at replacing it with? I want to be sure I'm not missing anything that may come out in a month or two that will make me wish I waited.

Thanks.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Here's the deal. There is a couple of apps in the Market that will allow you to have ALMOST hands free dialing. You just have to push the camera button.

There are also some headsets, like the Blue Ant Q1 that will allow hands free dialing--but only up to 8 numbers.

This isn't just the Droid. This is true of all Android phones. None of them dial handsfree.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

I only use BT in my Prius, which is easy because it has built-in BT and two phone books. I still have to press a button on the steering wheel.

As for willing to wait for the latest, honestly you may as well keep your current phone. The Incredible is coming out shortly, and there is talk about a Droid 2. After that there will always be a phone coming out with more features.