no Droid Razr Maxx HD flash player?

r3m1x

Reaction score
does anyone know if i can install flash player or get flash player working on the Droid Razr Maxx HD. if so, how can i do this? ...it really doesn't make sense how this new smartphone doesn't have flash, but my droid 3 had it and worked just fine.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if i can install flash player or get flash player working on the Droid Razr Maxx HD. if so, how can i do this? ...it really doesn't make sense how this new smartphone doesn't have flash, but my droid 3 had it and worked just fine.

ICS and later Android versions do not support Flash anymore. Flash is slowly dying and being replaced by HTML5. I know there is a few ways to get it to work, but I don't need it and never tried it. If ya do some Googleing you might find it, until someone who else has tried it chimes in.

OP
R

r3m1x

Reaction score
ICS and later Android versions do not support Flash anymore. Flash is slowly dying and being replaced by HTML5. I know there is a few ways to get it to work, but I don't need it and never tried it. If ya do some Googleing you might find it, until someone who else has tried it chimes in.

whaaaatt, so how am i supposed to watch certain things that need flash? not every website is using HTML5 are they? and i did google it, but i couldn't find anything on it.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
whaaaatt, so how am i supposed to watch certain things that need flash? not every website is using HTML5 are they? and i did google it, but i couldn't find anything on it.

I've never had a lot of issues, but I've always noticed that most web sites now have apps that support the content and mobile versions of the websites as well that support the content, I use Chrome (assume you do to?) and I've rarely run into issues. Are there a few sites you are tying to access that still uses flash that you cant view?

OP
R

r3m1x

Reaction score
i figured it out, but, it doesn't work with mobile chrome which sucks, so you need firefox or a different browser. i installed flash player by adding the .apk file onto the phone, then installing it by taping on the .apk file. i followed this guys instructions. [ICS] flash player - xda-developers

OP
R

r3m1x

Reaction score
does anybody know why the flash only works on certain websites on the droid razr maxxx HD? for example, if i go to check the cookies settings at Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel it doesn't display it and says i need to install flash. is there any way to get around this? i mean, flash does work work on some sites, but not all. or does anyone know if there is an updated APK file that i could install on my droid? thanks! :)