No diagnostics mode or safe mode

Reaction score
I have been trying to get my motorola droid into diagnostics mode so I can load A custom prl onto my droid. But when I try to enter diagnostics mode by holding T nothing happens it can load into recovery mode and to the bootloader screen but not into diagnostics mode or safe mode on my droid please help

Last edited:

mark729

Reaction score
mine also can't get into safe mode(power+menu). it just boot up to normal mode.
I was trying to figure out what cause my droid stuck but no more safe mode.
I will hard reset it.

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
mine also can't get into safe mode(power+menu). it just boot up to normal mode.
I was trying to figure out what cause my droid stuck but no more safe mode.
I will hard reset it.

Can someone please help any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I tried to boot into Safe Mode using every 'known' option.

Menu/gold rocker button/every direction/T/X

I would get the long vibrate but not once did it say "Safe Mode".

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
I did hard reset and now I can boot up in safe mode.

I did a hard reset and still no safe mode or diagnostic mode I need too get into diagnostics mode so I can manually program a prl onto my phone please help me

allikanbe

Reaction score
I copied this from Viperboy's post. He is a verizon tech.

- Safe Mode

• With the phone off, slide open the keyboard open
  • Press and hold the Power+Menu button (on the keyboard)
  • Continue to hold until the "Droid Eye" comes up and you feel the phone vibrate
  • Phone should start up and say "Safe Mode" in the bottom left-hand corner
  • Explanation - This starts only the core Android processes. This is best used for diagnosing if a 3rd party application is causing your phone to malfunction or if you cannot uninstall if when in regular mode.
  • TRY THIS FIRST if you are having any problems with your phone acting up, especially with the built-in Android apps (example - Messaging app is crashing. Boot in Safe Mode. If app doesn't crash when doing what you were doing in regular mode, it's most likely going to be a 3rd party app with access to messaging that is causing a problem.)
  • BE AWARE that after coming out of Safe Mode, 3rd party widgets might not display properly on the home screen. Press and hold on the widget and drag it down into the trash can, then readd it to the home screen. This will fix the "problem loading widget" error.

OP
Anarchist310000
Reaction score
Thank you but I already know how to get into both safe and diagnostics mode but when I do it the phone just does not load into the modes and I need to load A prl onto my phone manually and the only way I know how to requires diagnostics mode