Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Very well stated PC!! I agree 100% ... Verizon is getting out of control!

Sorry but I simply don't understand this statement. Verizon hasn't done anything they haven't already been doing for the past 4 years in terms of restricting it's users access to modify their devices. Yet they release one new model without a developer edition and suddenly "Verizon is getting out of control"?
SMH

tap'n on my S5

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Sorry but I simply don't understand this statement. Verizon hasn't done anything they haven't already been doing for the past 4 years in terms of restricting it's users access to modify their devices. Yet they release one new model without a developer edition and suddenly "Verizon is getting out of control"?
SMH

tap'n on my S5

Sorry, perhaps I should have phrased it - "Verizon's power trip continues to amaze me" ...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hopefully we'll be able to get root! I had a DE Moto X unlocked the bootloader and really did nothing but root and install Xposed. (I know an unlocked bootloader means easier root). I really think what Motorola has done in staying stock Android makes a locked down device as less painful as possible LOL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll be able to get root! I had a DE Moto X unlocked the bootloader and really did nothing but root and install Xposed. (I know an unlocked bootloader means easier root). I really think what Motorola has done in staying stock Android makes a locked down device as less painful as possible LOL

That is what i do with my nexus

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
That is what i do with my nexus

Same here with my OG Nexus 7, probably only flashed one or two ROMs on it and now I'm just stock, rooted. Not sure if I just got old or what LOL But flashing ROMs/Kernels does nothing for me anymore.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same here with my OG Nexus 7, probably only flashed one or two ROMs on it and now I'm just stock, rooted. Not sure if I just got old or what LOL But flashing ROMs/Kernels does nothing for me anymore.

That or Xposed is just simpler. I can choose what mods I want (ie http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...rs-customizable-swipe-in-controls-for-chrome/) without having to wipe and set everything back up. And if that one mod does not work I can just disable and keep on going. Xposed has really made things and more customizable. With roms you have to rely on what ever tweaks the dev wants to make where with xposed you can choose what to change. I like stock just want to make minor mods here or there and to be able to do so with out having to flash back and forth is awesome.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
... and now I'm just stock, rooted. Not sure if I just got old or what LOL But flashing ROMs/Kernels does nothing for me anymore...
The thing that made me stop flashing, messing with ROMs and kernels, and things like that is because of how many times I've been embarrassed. Nothing is worse than being around people who know that you flash and your phone takes a dump at the worst time possible.

Group picture! Oh. Wait. Gotta reboot, sorry.