1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No Data .

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by droidbio, Oct 30, 2011.

1. droidbio

droidbio New Member

About 2 weeks ago, I had an OTA update that caused my charge to freeze.
    I removed the battery and restarted it, everything seemed ok..I am not sure whether the update is related to my issue.

So in the last 2 days I have only had 3-4 hours of data per day.

I tried restarting it, taking the battery out, turning off the data and turning it back on,
    Changing from 4g to 3g and back.

I was thinking about a hard reset but...it says it will not change the current operating system.

Any suggestions?

I really don't want to call Verizon until I try everything myself.

Thanks.
  2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

OTA two weeks ago??? What is your current build in your settings? You must have gotten the EE4 update which was pushed out back in june. If you just recieved it thats odd.

Sent from my Droid Charge/SCH-I510
  3. droidbio

droidbio New Member

Ota

It was really strange. I was in a building with limited service. I turned off my phone and then when I went to turn it back on...The yellow working droid symbol was on it and DO NOT Turn off.

I waited for about an hour and I knew my battery was about dead. I took my battery out and restarted it normally.
    I went back and checked to see if I had another update but it said my phone was up to date.

The info under settings is as follows. I am including everything. I know some of this info is common to all charges but I don't know which info will help.

Hardware version: i510.06
    Model number SCH-I510
    Firmware version 2.2.1
    Baseband version i510.06 EE4
    SCH-I510.EE1
    Kernel Version 2.6.32.9
    se.infra@SEI-07 #1

Build number SCH-I510.EE4

Thank you for your help. This has been very frustrating. I was out of town and I actually needed my google maps, email and internet so I was just out of luck!!
  4. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Hmmm yeah that still does sound very strange. Unfortentley being as it did update you are stuck on that build. Yes there is a consistant data dropping in this build. I myseld dont know how this phone was before this EE4 but from your description at least you had a constant data signal correct? There is no way to go back to the pervious version unless there is a SBF for that build but Im not too sure how to flash this phone. Or root. (which voids your warrenty) but if you dont care about warrenty issues there are plenty of forums on a fourm site called XDA. They'll have every answere as to flash or root your phone to your liking. Or if you feel its your phone itself then Id call verizon and get a LNR (like new replacement) but I dont know how you feel abot that either. I myself am getting sick n tired of waiting for another OTA to fix these major issues we've been having. Too bad for me I bought this off ebay so I have no warrenty with this phone but Im on a Droid X2 with warrenty so I may just return back to that and sell this if nothing is done soon. Sorry if I didnt help but hopefully I pointes you in the right direction.

Sent from my Droid Charge/SCH-I510
  5. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I do not think you got an update because of your description of being at the download screen. I think you must have been holding the volume down key while you hit the power key. That is how you get to the screen you describe, and you do that so you can flash an MD5 file to you phone using ODIN.

I have been reading a lot of threads on several forums for the past two days about data dropping problems. It seems to be a common problem/complaint with this phone. To be honest from my experience with the BB Storm and the Droid 2 and now the Charge, I have always experienced these problems because of living in a marginal zone with the local tower.
  6. steveo7034

steveo7034 New Member

I can't find a reason for the dropped data in my case. Verizon keeps pushing me away when I call and complain. I am dropping this phone faster than it drops data.
  7. droidx111

droidx111 New Member

Same problem here data drops off out of random. I don't even get 3g. Its just nothing even in areas I normally pick up 19mbps 4g. Called Verizon and of course "no ones complained about that yet"

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using DroidForums
  8. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

You've gotten some good advice so far and some commiserating as well. My suggestion would be to just7 "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phoneā€¯. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

NOTE: I learned this morning that not everyone has been as lucky as I with the automatic re-installs. So good luck if you end up having to go that route.

If the reset doesn't help with your issues, I would contact Verizon customer service. I know the system (I say system because data drops are being reported for all 4G phones) has been flaky but your data loss seems much worse than what I'm reading others are having. Your issue may be more than just the system.

Good luck.
Search tags for this page
droidbio reboot
is internet working on samsung sch-i510

samsung charge no data

samsung charge no data plan