NO data whatsoever in SS 4.8

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by magma_camel, Sep 24, 2010.

1. magma_camel

magma_camel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i was messing with stuff today and finaly decided to set up ss 4.8 as my default so i installed the rom along with my normal kernel and other default apps. god rid of the crap i always get rid of (apps and basicly all the stuff in /media/audio) changed my build.prop to reflect the increased resolution hack (that i always do) applied my theme to the framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi and only to that. added my normal scripts that just make it a little easier for me to use but nothing that would mess with anything. zipaligned all apks and ran fix permissions then rebooted.

phone ran fine fast and everything. but my issue is that i no longer have Data at all. phone calls i can make no problem. but data is compltly gone. cannot sign into my google account (unless on wifi) nor can i do anything else that requires data.

i backed up the rom and went back to my previous rom (4.7 with the same customizations done to it) and everything works fine i made the backup so that hopefully i can find a fix for this and acctually be able to USE 4.8

any ideas

(sorry for the long post)

2. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this may be too simple of a solution but there is an option to turn off data usage via the cell network. maybe that got switched on? or maybe something got mistyped in the build.prop. Try using an unedited one and see if its doing the same thing.

3. magma_camel

magma_camel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    checked that already

4. joebetsill

joebetsill New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this:

Open dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*

It will open test menu. Select "Phone Information"

Scroll down to "Set preferred network type" I noticed mine was on WCDMA (not sure what it is, tbh. Google says basically it is European CDMA.)

Click the drop down and select CDMA auto (PRL)

Your connection *should* come back. If not, click "Turn off radio" and then "Turn on radio"

If still no data, reboot and start at step 1 to make sure the settings took.

----
    Of course, if you aren't on WCDMA, I'm at a loss as to why you don't have data. I have never seen WCDMA before, so I know it is new.

I hope this helps. :)

5. magma_camel

magma_camel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this did not help