No data in The Netherlands

flyingcyclist

Reaction score
I asked this before, but have not gotten an answer yet.

I have a Motorola Droid2 Global phone that is unlocked. I bought a Vodafone SIM to use in The Netherlands. I also bought a monthly Vodafone data plan. The phone, including SMS messages, works fine. I have no trouble sending or receiving phone calls or SMS messages. However, I cannot access the data network.

I took the phone to a Vodafone shop and they checked all of the settings, which they say are correct, but still no data. With a T-Mobile SIM, I am able to access data.

What could be the problem?

laarsNL

Reaction score
Well your problem is Vodafone :p got the same problem with the atrix, vodafone was a no go but as soon as i popped in a t-mobile simcard it worked perfect and yet vodafone refuses to admit that they are the problem

OP
F

flyingcyclist

Reaction score
Interesting -- isn't it true that Vodafone owns about 45% of VerizonWireless?

laarsNL

Reaction score
yes thats true vodafone does indeed own 45% of verizon(Vodafone even tried taking over AT&T a couple of years ago saying that if that would have happend they would have sold their stake in verizon)
My atrix is AT&T branded but the problem is the same Vodafone is a NO GO, wich kind of weird since their the worlds largest(/second largest) provider(not counting China Mobile wich operates only in china and vodafone worldwide) so you would think they would make their network more accessible