No data in Liberty V.09

wangenj

Reaction score
Can't get data on liberty rom V.09. What is really weird is that I can get data only when I use the mobile hotspot. What could be causing this? I had the same problem with v.08 but never tried the mobile hotspot.

Flashed over pre-rooted gingerbread. wiped data before install. used liberty toolbox pro and tried with D2 bootstrapper recovery.

Reaction score
Can't get data on liberty rom V.09. What is really weird is that I can get data only when I use the mobile hotspot. What could be causing this? I had the same problem with v.08 but never tried the mobile hotspot.

Flashed over pre-rooted gingerbread. wiped data before install. used liberty toolbox pro and tried with D2 bootstrapper recovery.

Which version of gb did you flash it over? It has to be .596.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you try a reboot as well as *228 option 1? Mess around with turning data off then back on. Also are you using juice defender or another battery saver?

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9 (Blacked out-red theme)

OP
W

wangenj

Reaction score
I tried a reboot and tried to activate my phone again. Didnt work. Ive tried turning off and on all the data options in the data manager and in mobile networks under wireless and networks. I haven't downloaded anything except liberty toolbox and busybox, so no battery saver.

When I use the mobile hotspot "hack", the browser works most of the time but I can't sync to google services. It wont let me sync my gmail account

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is weird indeed. I'm going to play a gig at a festival now, but ill get back to you when I get back

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9 (Blacked out-red theme)

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I tried a reboot and tried to activate my phone again. Didnt work. Ive tried turning off and on all the data options in the data manager and in mobile networks under wireless and networks. I haven't downloaded anything except liberty toolbox and busybox, so no battery saver.

When I use the mobile hotspot "hack", the browser works most of the time but I can't sync to google services. It wont let me sync my gmail account

What radio do you have? Check your baseband in about phone, is it .07P or .12P. You need to have .12P, but if you did indeed flash over .596, you should already be on the .12P radio.

Also, try flashing v0.9 right over your current setup, just go into CW and reflash the LGB v0.9 zip. That has fixed the issue for me before. You could also re-download v0.9 again, just to make sure you got a complete download.

OP
W

wangenj

Reaction score
It's .07P but I did flash over .596. I will try to flash it again

cjriddle22

Reaction score

aftli

Reaction score
Same exact issue here with 0.9 (and I had same thing when I tried 0.8). Data works over WiFi, but not cell. Browser just displays "Web page is not available". In diagnostics menus (*#*#4636#*#*), the ping test fails (Host unreachable). I have tried *228 option 1, turning data on/off, rebooting, swapping handsets (the current one is a factory refurb I just received from Verizon today), other things. I have .12 radio.

Any ideas?

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Same exact issue here with 0.9 (and I had same thing when I tried 0.8). Data works over WiFi, but not cell. Browser just displays "Web page is not available". In diagnostics menus (*#*#4636#*#*), the ping test fails (Host unreachable). I have tried *228 option 1, turning data on/off, rebooting, swapping handsets (the current one is a factory refurb I just received from Verizon today), other things. I have .12 radio.

Any ideas?

Do you see a 3G icon at all?

Have you downloaded the zip files again? Especially since you seem to repeat the issues on more than one handset.

aftli

Reaction score
The 3G icon was always visible and always showed that data was being transferred (the up and down portions of the icon were blinking).

I did get this to work today. What I had originally done was (in this order): SBF'd to Froyo .340, upgraded the radio to .12P, used ZRoot to root the phone, downloaded Droid X bootstrapper and ROM manager. I then would use Clockworkmod to install the "pre-rooted Droid X gingerbread" I found somewhere which was a single zip file, winding up with .586 and .12P baseband. I'd wipe data during that install, then re-install bootstrapper and ROM manager along with Liberty Toolbox Pro which I purchased. I'd then install Liberty GB 0.8 (or in today's case, 0.9) using Clockworkmod, and wipe data along with the install.

Each time I tried this process, the web browser (or any app requiring OTA data) would not work. Everything worked as long as I was connected to WiFi, nothing would work with a 3G/1X connection. Otherwise, I just *immediately* got "Web Page Not Available" issues in the browser, and no other app requiring data worked as I said. The browser wouldn't even try to get a page, I assume this is because the phone thought it did not have a data connection (even though normally the browser will say "no internet connection is available" or some such).

Phone calls continued to work during this. As I said I tried several things including enabling/disabling airplane mode, turning data on and off, rebooting, even a new phone. Nothing worked, even though the Settings app showed that I had .596 with radio .12P. This same thing also happened with the Fabolous ROM which I also tried on the previous phone before I received the replacement from VZW today (I didn't try it on this particular handset, I'm sure it would have been the same problem). So it's not necessarily a problem with Liberty.

Like I said, I fixed the problem today. I started all over by SBFing again to .340 Froyo, rooting using Zroot, installing Clockworkmod/Droid X bootstrapper (I'm not sure why some guides say to use the Droid 2 one, the X one worked fine for me), then installing the two .596 Gingerbread zip files from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...x-cm7-etc-any-rom-liberty-gb.html#post1614776 as cjriddle22 suggested earlier in this thread. I then installed Liberty 0.9 from Liberty Toolbox Pro, and everything worked fine.

EDIT: Wanted to add, the other poster seemed to also use the same "pre-rooted Droid X gingerbread" zip file that I did. This is what seems to be causing the problem. That system installation on its own worked just fine (I verified this, the browser worked), but it is apparent that other custom ROMs like Liberty cannot be installed over it, and you need to use the other (two-ZIP) method instead.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why you would upgrade the baseband to .12 while on Froyo, when the Gingerbread .591-.596 files already have the .12 baseband anyway...

The baseband is for your radio and all that, so I wonder if that's part of it...

Apex 2.0 Revolution

aftli

Reaction score
The first time I tried doing this, I didn't do that. I was searching for resolutions regarding my issue with the data, and I found an update for the .12P baseband. The first time I tried it, I already had Liberty installed (I followed the same path I already outlined but without manually updating the radio), and of course the update failed because it was already installed. I had tried the .09 and .12 radios, they both failed to install (assertions in Clockworkmod).

In any case, I first did a .340 SBF, then the "pre-rooted Gingerbread", then Liberty. In all scenarios, I wound up with .596 and .12 radio, but no working data.

I'm happy I got this working now, I'm only posting this because I want to let other people know how to fix what they might be going through, and also maybe somebody can figure out what the problem was for me in order to help others.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely glad you got it fixed. I know how frustrating it is to have a jacked up phone...

Apex 2.0 Revolution