No Data connectivity

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am not able to send or receive any data, in fact the data network doesn't seem to be working on the device (no 3G icon). I am in a 3G coverage area. Help!

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hold the power button down and select airplane mode. Wait about 20 -30 secnods and then turn airplane mode off. Once in a blue moon it happens to me and this is how I kick start 3G.

cypherx82

Reaction score
Hold the power button down and select airplane mode. Wait about 20 -30 secnods and then turn airplane mode off. Once in a blue moon it happens to me and this is how I kick start 3G.

This.

I had the same problem with my Droid. Except I didn't wait, I quick flipped airplane mode on/off. :p

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am not able to send or receive any data, in fact the data network doesn't seem to be working on the device (no 3G icon). I am in a 3G coverage area. Help!
Working now - activation was probably slow.

DarknessUneven

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this topic back up but...

I just recently puchased a pre-owned Droid X from this place on TXST8 campus called Mobile Phone Geeks. They assured me it would be cheaper to purchase this, than to replace the cracked-to-hell screen on my hand-me-down Droid Pro. (That not being the only problem with the Pro) So I bought it. The lady went ahead and started the *228 activation process. Come to find out that it had been flashed to Cricket. So she told me that she'd have to unflash it. The thing was, that her computer that does the flashing/unflashing, was "down", so she'd have to get it to the New Braunfels store to have it done. I then told her that I'd be back on Friday (This being on a Wednesday) to pick it up. I go in Friday and it's not there. It's still in New B., unflashed. So I go to pick it up Saturday, and it's ready. I *228 it, make a call and boom! Little did I know that the 3g data was not working. So after calling Verizon Tech Support and going throug everything from Airplane mode toggling, to ##PROGRAM menu tweaking, (The MIN and MDN were incorrect, and so was some other 4-digit number at the bottom of the User Activation menu) he tells me that it's the phone... Something about the 3g radio something, something. But the thing is, that I have seen the 3g and 1x symbols pop up and disappear several times, after just entering and exiting the Programming menu (never more than a second, though). I've factory reset the phone about 10 times now, *228 about the same. I'm thinking that something went wrong in the unflashing process or that there is a value within the Programming menu that is incorrect/missing. Someone please help me before I have to kill me some Geeks.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
well first, what system version is on phone?
go to
menu>system settings>about phone>system version is it 4.5.621 or 4.5.601?

Last edited: