No Data Connection

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
Ok. I've done SBH flashing and performed hard reset after SBF was installed.
(settings->privacy->factory reset).

After this I finally got a GPRS CONNECTION WORKING!!!!
thanks a lot!

But.
In CDMA mode - no connection still.

CZ, maybe you do have an idea which parameters to check? CDMA voice is working without any troubles. 1x sing even not appearing. Seems the phone event don't know that he can have a data connection.

thanks!

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
I've solved my issue with data connection.
1. I've reflashed SBF once again.
2. presed X at the phone start - cleared cache and used data. then made hard reset from menu.
3. Started QPST and uploaded old configuration from qcn-file i've saved before I started all these actions and when 1x worked.
restart - and 1x began to work.

this qcn file I've uploaded several times but not after SFB reflash. was no effect.
I'll go mad with all this stuff. :)

if you've got D2G maybe my qcn file can help you. contact me to get it.

Last edited:
OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
CDMA data connection (both 1x and 3G) disappeared again. Without any reasons. Nothing was changed.
GPRS is properly working.

Hard reset does not help so I have to go for SBF again. What's happening, does anybody knows how is it possible?

UPD. Ok. It was just out of money on my account.
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Last edited:

mnphillips

Reaction score
heres a fix

i had the same problem with my pro, i lost all connection and signal and the factory reset still didnt give it signal i FINALLY found a way step by step to fix it and my signal is back now :)

Droid Pro lost connection fix

jrwilson

Reaction score
I am having trouble with intermittent connection. Texts sometimes come in intermittent and when WiFi is not available, I have limited data connection. What is the issue? This is my first smart phone and I am a bit ignorant with it, but learning. Also, I couldn't get a pic to download via text message last night. It downloaded this morning, but my phone doesn't appear to be functioning quickly. I turned it off and then on and then all kinds of stuff started coming in and downloading. Please help this poor clueless soul!! :)

perkmark50

Reaction score
Same 'ole song and dance....

Same here Getting new phone Tues. Prolly send it back to get my Eris back up....btw they sent me aused refurb to replace 1st phone yea right didn't happen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with intermittent connection. Texts sometimes come in intermittent and when WiFi is not available, I have limited data connection. What is the issue? This is my first smart phone and I am a bit ignorant with it, but learning. Also, I couldn't get a pic to download via text message last night. It downloaded this morning, but my phone doesn't appear to be functioning quickly. I turned it off and then on and then all kinds of stuff started coming in and downloading. Please help this poor clueless soul!! :)

Most text is actually handed by the phone system unless of course you to an MMS or an extremely long tex.

First check your settings. You should be on 4gLTE/3G. now if you don't get a single there try pulling the batter out and then the SIM card. You should be OK at this point.

If you still are not receiving Data call Verizon and tell the where you are experiencing the problem with a tower in your area. Test this by going for a 5 mile drive. Showing data now? Then call Verizon and they will do a service ticket for you to inspect the cell tower for issues.

Please follow up with us and let us know how that worked out for you.

perkmark50

Reaction score
Same here Getting new phone Tues. Prolly send it back to get my Eris back up....btw they sent me aused refurb to replace 1st phone yea right didn't happen.

3 Driod 4 phones all headed back to where they came from and cancelling the new contract!! THIS IS Rediculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJGeorge

Reaction score
connectivity issue related to SD card ??

I had a Droid Razr for a few months and had periodic loss of network connectivity. Signal would be great and then it would be gone. Would always return to normal in a few minutes. Very annoying!

I had bought the phone at Costco and they had a 90 day return policy. I finally returned the RAZR because I missed having real keyboard and just yesterday got a Droid 4. I'm using my same SIM card from the RAZR.
When I first got it, the Droid 4 seemed pretty decent connectivity wise. It did not come with an SD card so when I got home, I put a new 32G SD card in it that I had bought a while back. After installing the 32G SD card, the connectivity was horrible, very intermittent. Most of the time I'd have a red circle with a slash and no connection. I'd power off and maybe get connectivity for a minute or two before it was lost again. Sometimes no bars and sometimes the red circle. This morning I replaced the 32G SD with the 8G SD from my old Windows phone and the Droid 4 is much happier. I haven't noticed it lose connection since.

There seems to some interaction issue between connectivity and the 32G SD card.

I've seen lots of reports of lost connectivity in various Motorola phones, that have been going on for a long time. Not sure if this might explain why they haven't been able to roll out a fix. Maybe the issue is only with certain configurations so is harder to pin point.

katiecat

Reaction score
Just FYI: I had data connectivity issues today. Powered down. Removed SIM. Powered back up. Powered down again. Replaced SIM. Powered back up. The issue is resolved. WEIRD!