No Data Connection

pgoughy

Reaction score
Ok i bought mine from someone on ebay and my data has never worked. I am in Australia and am using Vodafone, can anyone help? excuse my ignorance but what is SBF?

rafeee2

Reaction score
Ok i bought mine from someone on ebay and my data has never worked. I am in Australia and am using Vodafone, can anyone help? excuse my ignorance but what is SBF?

Did you define the APN settings?
I don't know what SBF stands for, but an SBF is a full image of a phone's firmware. More information is available in the forum.

pgoughy

Reaction score

Did you define the APN settings?
I don't know what SBF stands for, but an SBF is a full image of a phone's firmware. More information is available in the forum.

yeah i've just been reading around about it. The thing is, ive never been able to get the data connection to work. I've tried everything. I got vodafone to send me the settings, multiple times, different types of settings etc, didnt work. I tried applications, i tried all the settings I could find on the internet, I even just tried a factory reset, but nothing.

Can ANYONE help me PLEASE! I just want to be able to use data rahhhh

rafeee2

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue on my Droid Pro in Kuwait. I think the Droid Pro & the Global are essentially the same phone.
No solutions yet for my issue though...

OP
S

Soladzur

Reaction score
Reflash the radio with SBF - ok, I'm ready. Where can I get the correct image for flashing radio?

CellZealot

Reaction score
The radio image is part of the SBF file, as I said above. It is the BP or Baseband Processor image that is flashed after the AP or Applications Processor code groups.

When you flash the SBF file it will flash all of the relevant code groups back to default except the user data and cache. These must be wiped manually in recovery to return to a completely stock state after the flash, otherwise data and cache will be preserved.

This will undo any changes made to the radio NVM by any means and should restore all functions. You will need to program the phone for CDMA service via *228 because the radio image will wipe the service programming. This is not necessary for GSM only usage as all of that data is carried on the SIM.

Flashing an SBF will NOT relock the device for foreign SIMs or unlock it if it hasnt been already. The SIM lock is in a discreet area of memory that is not accessed by any other flash process.

CellZealot

Reaction score
Yes, that is the method and file we released just for this purpose to recover your phone! ;)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This happened to me last night, all internet capabilities died, restarting didn't work at all, but mine worked after pulling the battery. My bosses did the same thing last night also. After we battery pulled his worked again also. Just letting ya know what worked with us.

DroidKeith

Reaction score
I'm in the NW Chicago suburbs and have had intermittent drops like this for the past 8-9 days. I stopped by the local Verizon store late last week and was told that a number of customers are experiencing this problem.
I was told that it is a known current Verizon Network problem related to upgrading the network to 4G and that they are working to resolve it asap.
Don't know how accurate the information from a store representative may be but my data connection has always returned after a phone power cycle.

pgoughy

Reaction score
I believe Verizon issues cant cause my problems in the Ukraine which is in eastern Europe ;)

same here with me in Australia. I have done a factory reset, flashed sbf and still not working. not happy!

rafeee2

Reaction score
I believe Verizon issues cant cause my problems in the Ukraine which is in eastern Europe ;)

same here with me in Australia. I have done a factory reset, flashed sbf and still not working. not happy!

This makes 3 of us!
Did either of you guys contact Motorola Support or posted their issue on the Motorola support forums?

pgoughy

Reaction score

rafeee2

Reaction score

This makes 3 of us!
Did either of you guys contact Motorola Support or posted their issue on the Motorola support forums?

no... have you?

I've contacted Verizon, they didn't reply to my mail
I contacted Motorola, they said I need to call them to get further assistance.
And I have an open thread on the Motorola Support Forums here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/43393?tstart=0

But remember, I have a Droid Pro.