No data connection? Verizon down?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Can't believe this s*** is still down. Going back and forth. Smh

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

BoltGnut

Reaction score
North Tacoma was down and it came back after I did a battery pull. Don't ask me why that works. What is interesting is the speed difference reported by OOkla's speedtest.net (22-28 Mbps) and Ookla's FCC test app (8-9 Mbps).

acdnykon

Reaction score
Verizon has put out a statement saying that they were and are currently having problems with 4G. They state this has been going on since Tuesday. This is affecting all 4G devices.

badbeat33

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why we have no 3g service. My wife has a droid x and has no data service issues. But if I toggle to 3g I still get 1x connectivity. This better get fixed by sunday. Need data to watch football on a car trip

badbeat33

Reaction score
I talked to Verizon. They had me try the following:
-toggle to cdma auto
-turn phone off
-take the sim card out and then put it back in
-turn phone on
-toggle LTE back on

Worked so far for me. Have 3g and 4g connectivity

wowings

Reaction score
My 4G has been down all week in Hampton Roads, Virginia. I called VZW yesterday about it and the rep said they were having maintenance work done. As an afterthought I asked when they were rolling out ICS updates for the Thunderbolt. He said the updates start on December 16. Could there be a link between the maintenance (if that is the truth) and launching ICS?

armeddroid

Reaction score
My 4G has been down all week in Hampton Roads, Virginia. I called VZW yesterday about it and the rep said they were having maintenance work done. As an afterthought I asked when they were rolling out ICS updates for the Thunderbolt. He said the updates start on December 16. Could there be a link between the maintenance (if that is the truth) and launching ICS?

North Va just got signal back Friday I doubt TBolt is getting ICS tho. The last I heard anything official about ICS and the TBolt was that the TBolt would get a part of ICS. Not the whole system due to the lack of hardware capabilities. I know we are seeing the Desire and the Inc.S getting it but they are overseas phones. No telling about stateside. But it would def be sweet if it came out to be true.
:)

lee__D

Reaction score
ive been down for a week or so. tbolt in nyc and li....bounce between 1x,3g, and no data.

m@tt

Reaction score
This has been on going issue with Verizon service. After my 3rd thunderbolt phone and 2nd LTE card I would think this issue is on there side. I have to say ever since rooted my phone with Thunder Stick the problems have decrease. I'm also using Watchdog pro and Ram Manager to help with performance. My next step was to have Verizon give me early upgrade to a new phone, but right now I'm happy with this phone.

some1ls

Reaction score
Hello,
I am in northwest ND no 4g. I have an unlimted plan. I have a droid 1. My phones speed has been getting worse since last February. I will go from 3g down to 1x and even no data service when my phone hasn't moved. I have even lost voice service. I am nine miles away from a tower with no obstructions and another 5 miles away. I used be able to call and surf in the basement. Now I rarely can.
I have talked to vzw tech(less) support several times. Generally pull battery, check setting, factory reset and recently replace dud with another dud. No long term fixes. I have been told by one rep I am being throttled others no, and most don't know what it is. Level one is worthless. When I ask for tech support I want TECH SUPPORT not a csr. Also why by a smartphone if I am not allowed to fully use its capabilities.

Now I have a "trouble ticket" and vzw told me it would be 3-5 days for resolution. That was a week ago and no update. Other people in the area have had this issue.
Also both phones have been slow at loading apps. It even locks frequently.
I am interested in rooting but have asurian(?) extended warranty till next June.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

some1ls

Reaction score
Stuff I forgot.
My phone aslo has had wifi issues. When I was 3 feet from a wireless router my phone did NOT see it. After cycling on/off severals times it worked. My signal aslo fluctuates.
I don't want to upgrade and be stuck in a contract.

Is vzw killing my droid to get me to buy $$$$ a newer phone.

I use about 10 gb a month streaming tv and sirius radio.
Why should I be punished for using the phone as designed...throttling.

Thanks again.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums