No data at times?

keolawills

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this issue? After a period of idle time, I don't have any data coverage for awhile. Meaning I can make calls but not stream music. I have to reboot, even then it doesn't come back for a while sometimes.

sent from my cyanogen d2g

droidfellow

Reaction score
Yes this started happening to me this at about lunch time today, and it still happening. I didn't reboot I just pull the battery, not that I just read this post, going to try a reboot...

...Reboot did the job

Last edited:

droidfellow

Reaction score
I had this issue come up again, and no matter how much time I rebooted the problem did not go away. So I decide to go to Hexen rom until these little issues are gone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Its happening to me too -_- pretty annoying. But I believe in this ROM!

leobg

Reaction score
It is not the rom. It happens on stock rom too. It is the buggy baseband to be blamed for this.

Asphyx

Reaction score
There is (I Believe) still an issue with power management in CM7, Between proc scaling issues and less than stellar battery life (Still way better than Stock)

I know that when the unit goes into sleep mode it would turn off the WiFi and Data to save battery and only turn them on based on the sync schedules.

I think it may be this scycle that shuts off the data but is not turning it back on properly which may be causing it.

Simple reboot fixes it.

lisaleese

Reaction score
Same problem for me as well. A reboot does fix it, but that's a bit of an inconvenience when you're trying to look up some information in a jiffy and have to stop to reboot.

Are there any sorts of settings I can change?

ctwofford

Reaction score
I have this issue on My d2g and dx.... was not an issue before cm

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Same problem for me as well. A reboot does fix it, but that's a bit of an inconvenience when you're trying to look up some information in a jiffy and have to stop to reboot.

Are there any sorts of settings I can change?

Same thing going on here also wifi wasn't working at the same time made me reboot to work around the problem. major pain in my arse at times. I would really like to have this issue worked out before I donate the 50 bucks that I said I would for this rom on my D2 before I droped and broke the screen, also donate link seems broken to me on the nightly page

Reaction score
Had the same problem, the MAIN trigger for me was switching from wi fi to 3G, which I do a lot to save bandwidth I guess. I freaking love cm7 but I am definitely holding off on it until that's fixed. I don't like rebooting often. I switched back to HeXen too, in the meantime. Then once its fixed ill NEVER look back because there's just too many damn good things with cm7...
Edit: OF COURSE the second I finish this post my phone got possessed, acted up forcing me to reboot and now my keyboard is not lighting up!!!

Last edited:

xcodybx

Reaction score
when I have wifi turned on for a while then go to turn it off, my 3g won't transfer data.
it says 3g, but the arrows aren't blinking.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Try going into airplane mode and then turn it off and it should clear whatever it was that borked the networking. Devs are aware of the issue switching bet WiFi and 3G.

avenged06x

Reaction score
Try going into airplane mode and then turn it off and it should clear whatever it was that borked the networking. Devs are aware of the issue switching bet WiFi and 3G.

Thanks!