No data after root ?

swallman

Reaction score
I just rooted my Razr this morning and after it rebooted I no longer have data. I do have full bars through (and I did see it switch to 1X briefly).

This is the first time I rebooted since getting the phone, so I don't think it's related to rooting it. Any ideas ?

Just to add to this - our area has no LTE yet, so we're just talking about 3G here...

Last edited:
OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
Just to add to this - doesn't appear to be a problem with root, probably just coincidence because this is the first time I've rebooted the phone since I got it. Appears to be a tower issue or something.

I unrooted and still didn't have data. Finally called Verizon and just as I was talking with them it came back. However, I rebooted again and now back to no data. They did indicate they have been dealing with a systemwide 4G/LTE issue.

OP
swallman

swallman

Reaction score
Actually, *228 doesn't work on the new LTE phones due to the SIM card. My problem eventually solved itself - might have been related to the LTE issues Verizon was having at the time.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Actually, *228 doesn't work on the new LTE phones due to the SIM card. My problem eventually solved itself - might have been related to the LTE issues Verizon was having at the time.

Aahh! That explains it. Yesterday I lost 3g for about 10 to 15 seconds and this happened randomly 3 or 4 times. I don't live in a 4g area yet and I'm not rooted. Smart actions turned off, puzzled as to why, thought maybe if I *228 it would fix the issue of randomness well not so didn't get anything but an error. Is u did a *2289 no go on that either. It fixed its self eventually. So what does one do to update just case it does it again?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Ooh yeah, duh... I really wasn't thinking... ;) 228 can sometimes even fry your sim card... o_O Then I still didn't put 2 and 2 together and remember that 4g was down... :)
glad you got it working!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz directly to you from somewhere and some device that doesn't concern you!

king12yan

Reaction score
I rooted last night and since then I have not data (3g/4g) I have a red circle with a line through it over my data bars. I can't do anything right now, no phone calls or data. I did a factory reset and that didn't fix the problem. Can I take the SIM card out and do the *228? There are no issues with data in my area.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Factory reset should have fixed the problem, unless you restored something afterwards. Since your rooted you can try and manually delete /data and that might help.

king12yan

Reaction score
I didn't restore anything. Would that be /mnt/sdcard/android/data? will that effect anything? will everything refresh after a reboot?

king12yan

Reaction score
Fixed it!! I checked the baseband version and it was stating unknown. So I pulled the 2.3.6 update and did a manual recovery and I am back in business.