No Dark Theme For Android M 6.0

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Sep 10, 2015.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,221
    [​IMG]

Many of you voiced your disgust at the stark white ugly theme that arrived alongside the new material UI. The first developer preview build of Android M included a toggle for the dark theme. The dark theme was completely removed in the second developer build of Android M 6.0, and it does not look like we will be getting it back. The missing feature is listed in the issue tracker, and while Google has not formally spoken of the missing dark theme they have acknowledged it there.

The light theme is among the least favorite stock looks in all of Android, and this may be a disappointment to some of you that you will now just have to live with it. Is this a big deal to any of you, or has the light theme had a chance to grow on you?

#1 DroidModderX, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2015
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Considering Google's new logo and how they're revamping their app icons, the dark theme doesn't "pop" like the light theme. Google with their new approach has seem to taken a more colorful and friendly approach, so I wouldn't be surprised if the dark theme doesn't make it to 6.0.

3. LoudRam

LoudRam Senior Member

Ratings:
    +146
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto X
    I love dark themes. They are much easier on the eye, not to mention my battery. This is the main reason I use Textra and Type Mail. If I'm trying to decide between two similar apps and only one has a dark theme, I always go with that one even if the other app may be better. It's that important to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Search tags for this page

new android m dark theme