No D2 OTA GB update, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just adds more hate towards motorola. HTC and Samsung are loving the way moto treats us, it just giving them customers and money.

Sent from a jtagged D2!

HTC seems to be going down the same path.

Anyways, I was hoping we would already have our updates by now. My next phone will probably be a Google branded one, at least they get their updates in time.

As far as I know, no phone has official gingerbread yet so don't get mad at the carriers when the mfg's haven't released it yet....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

edwards2243

Reaction score
Just adds more hate towards motorola. HTC and Samsung are loving the way moto treats us, it just giving them customers and money.

Sent from a jtagged D2!

HTC seems to be going down the same path.

Anyways, I was hoping we would already have our updates by now. My next phone will probably be a Google branded one, at least they get their updates in time.

As far as I know, no phone has official gingerbread yet so don't get mad at the carriers when the mfg's haven't released it yet....

x2

No need for wasting energy on this...when it's a FACT, that will be the time to sound off with some MOTO hating. I'll volunteer to start that thread.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
P3 is reliable.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I don't say that he isn't. I'm simply saying that I'm skeptical on this. I'll tell P3 Droid to his virtual face. There is not that much difference between the X and the D2. I don't think the D2 is going to get a pass while the X gets an upgrade. It doesn't make sense.

No, but they came out with the D2G three months later, which kind of tagged the D2 as the "mistake" or like someone else said, the red-headed stepchild.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
like someone else said, the red-headed stepchild.

That was a p3droid quote from his twitter when he said the d2 wasn't getting gingerbread. He said something along the lines of" if you have a d2 get rid of it, its the red-headed step child". Not exact words but I can't find the tweet now.

@poontab
Thanks for the correction, I only really started keeping up with it recently.

jimberg

Reaction score
well.... :cus: you too motorola. and :cus: me for being uneducated when i bought this phone.

but, I got liberty. so it makes it livable. but still...

sent from my liberated droid 2

Last edited by a moderator:

destin246

Reaction score
They said they was sending me a d2g but sent a d2.... wtf?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

tb110895

Reaction score
"P3Droid: @drm2blv I was just informed that Moto has in fact worked on and has a GB for you D2 folks, I have not seen it, and no timetable given."

Well this thread looks done here.

Sent from my DROID2

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im really anxious to try gingerbread on this phone. It ran fast on my OG droid but had it's problems. I'm sure it'll be smooth on my phone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Im really anxious to try gingerbread on this phone. It ran fast on my OG droid but had it's problems. I'm sure it'll be smooth on my phone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Except for motoblur completely butchering it maybe.....

@poontab, no one said p3 knew everything. Its just accepted that if he doesn't know about it then its probably not true. He has been wrong before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.