No D2 OTA GB update, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If that was true we would have the bootloader keys already, there's certainly been enough complaining to them about it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is if you have to get a replacement for your D2 then you'll most likely get a D2G.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
All I'm going to say is if you have to get a replacement for your D2 then you'll most likely get a D2G.

I ended up getting a droid2G replacement for my OG through Asurion. Brand new in its box. dancedroid

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I ended up getting a droid2G replacement for my OG through Asurion. Brand new in its box. dancedroid

Im sorry for your loss then.... I would have gladly gotten an OG droid rather than this d2g if I could have.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Im sorry for your loss then.... I would have gladly gotten an OG droid rather than this d2g if I could have.

They actually sent me a refurbished OG but too many problems with it, so they gave me two options HTC Eris was one of them. So I took the Droid2G since 95% of the new roms coming out for OG are gingerbread. Gingerbread never played well with my phone.SO I decided to have more family time and give up the flashing addiction. Thats I settled with the Droid2G :icon_ banana:

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have a d2g and I still have a flashing addiction lol.

That sucks though about the OG droid.

avenged06x

Reaction score
I'm gonna call Verizon and complain about this global and see if they will send a 2 instead.. This global sucks since theres no roms for it or ever will be..

Sent From Global FISSION 2.4.3

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm gonna call Verizon and complain about this global and see if they will send a 2 instead.. This global sucks since theres no roms for it or ever will be..

That's no entirely true. check out the Team Get R Done subforum. Good luck on that though, they're doing the opposite and replacing 2's with 2g's.

avenged06x

Reaction score
Well 13th, it seems like that git r done is pasty.. Like it wo 't work correctly.. I want my sensors.. They are there for a reason and I want them to work.. I'm just bummed I choose this phone over the X now..

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
To each their own. We're working on a custom rom though that should have sensors working.

Sorry to hijack thread for that.

tb110895

Reaction score
I don't think that ill buy another moto phone, not because of the bootloader, but because of this.

Pretty much no support for a phone that's only 6-7ish months old.

Sent from a jtagged D2!

I'm not gonna buy one for both reasons. I'm so sick of moto
The OG Droid was amazing because it ran stock and Its still getting more updates than the rest of the droid line. Then they messed up the rest of them with Blur, locked bootloaders, and rare updating. Unless of course you like all those things

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I know its a bit off topic, but would the google nexus s can be considered the current "og droid". I know they're different phones but isn't the nexus s basically stock gingerbread like how the og droid was stock android?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tb110895

Reaction score
I know its a bit off topic, but would the google nexus s can be considered the current "og droid". I know they're different phones but isn't the nexus s basically stock gingerbread like how the og droid was stock android?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

I guess you could say that. But the nexus phones get updates from google more regularly then any of the other android phones.
I dont think the nexus s has as much support in Roms, themes, etc as the og droid had

Status
Not open for further replies.