No CyanogenMod?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by dpaine88, Aug 10, 2010.

1. dpaine88

dpaine88 New Member

I see it come up every now and then in a signature or two, but rarely do I see people talk about CM.

Im pretty new to the scene but shouldnt the first ROM get a little more recognition?

I just tried out the nightlies etc and really am curious why theres random ROMS out there getting a lot of attention and very little about CM?
  2. GodfatherIP

GodfatherIP New Member

Maybe since CM has his own forums most of his users don't come here too often. Also most of the discussion about CM here will be under the Koush Custom Rom section since Koush is the dev that maintains CM for Droid (that is why there isn't a CyanogenMod section). There are definitely some serious CM fans around though. I'll try out CM6 once they finalize it, the feature list is pretty impressive.
  3. andrew149

andrew149 New Member

also ulitmate droid is prob the best along with chevy
  4. captdroid

captdroid New Member

Sapphire 1.0.0 is the best. :icon_twisted:
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  5. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

I just loaded Liquid Frozen Yogurt, and I REALLY like it. I'm going to try Sapphire next now that it's final. CM6RC2 was a little laggy for me, but I have no doubt the final will be smoov.
  6. Riddick

Riddick New Member

1) The first rom on some other Android phones maybe, but not the first on the Droid...

2) CM for the Droid has its own section where it's discussed: Koush - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

3) Back in the 2.1 days CM used to be arguably the most popular rom for the Droid and it had by far the best and most unique features, for instance if you wanted apps2sd you basically had CM as the only choice. It's still popular however with stock 2.2 including most of the coolest formerly rom-only features a lot of the other roms have caught up. CM is still very popular but not as popular as it used to be.
  7. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Plus the koush / blackdroid bulls**t didnt help the CM popularity here either. I seem to remember a DOS attack somewhere, but thats ok for some people.