no connection---HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kingdompharoah, Jan 5, 2010.

1. kingdompharoah

kingdompharoah New Member

I lost all connection (voice and data) overnight. I download several audio files last night and all seemed fine until this morning. I cannot even get to the manage wireless connections page---I get a forced close error...HELP!
  2. beely

beely New Member

Not to chime in here, but I used the desktop cradle/alarm feature last night, then used the GPS dashboard mount this morning and later in the morning (10am) I have no connectivity. Droid shows "No Service" and WiFi is not working with available AP at work. I'm seeing real long delay while using the WiFi option in the "Wireless & Network Settings" settings menu then Droid gives and reboots. If I turn on "Airplane mode" and turn off WiFi, Droid reboots. After reboot, I turn off Airplane mode and turn WiFi on, I get 3G service but WiFi radio seems to not be transmitting. I'll have to force close the WiFi Settings.
  3. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Did you restart the phone? Did you do a battery pull? Did you uninstall any recently downloaded apps?
  4. kingdompharoah

yes I restarted and pulled the battery but I cannot uninstall the newest apps...do I need an uninstall app to do this?
  5. beely

beely New Member

OK - problem solved! I did a SOFT RESET (on slide-out keyboard do: Left Shift + ALT + DEL) -- just like a PC three-fingered salute. Droid came back up with 3G & WiFi working.
  6. kingdompharoah

ok, so in desperation, I went through with a factory reset after backing up the SD Card onto my comp. How do I get that data back onto the phone?