1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No CM on Droid 2

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by supermatt9, May 9, 2011.

1. supermatt9

supermatt9 New Member

I recently switched from the Droid to the Droid 2 Global. I really miss my cyanogen!

I'm wondering if there are any free apps that will do a few of the things I loved about cyanogen:

1. Lock screen music controls (winamp has them but it's annoying, it fills up the whole screen)

2. Skip tracks by long pressing the volume up key (power player pro has both 1 and 2 but it costs 5 bucks)

3. Add a silent state to the volume rocker (so that I can go from normal ringtone, to vibrate, to silent with just the volume buttons).

4. Customizable power control widget that also allows customizable buttons in the notification bar. (power control plus has this option but a recent update and the notification bar buttons don't work anymore)

I didn't realize just how awesome CM7 was until I didn't have all it's amazing features anymore.

Thanks!
  2. DanDroidX

DanDroidX New Member

Dude, get a custom ROM. Those are ROM edits. Root it, Bootstrap it, and flash it.
  3. supermatt9

supermatt9 New Member

I've got it rooted and bootstrapped but there are very few custom roms for the Droid 2 Global...and none as good as Cyanogen.
  4. hett

hett New Member

Why would you ever intentionally buy a device that Motorola says you don't get to truly own, and can only use the software they approve of on?
Search tags for this page

droid2 cm