No clue what I'm doing...

Fab4Rule

Reaction score
I joined this whatever-it-is to get an answer to one question I have related to my DROID RAZR. I don't blog or anything like that, so I'm not very savy when it comes to techy stuff.

Any road, all I want to know is how does one change the cover picture for a photo album in My Library? I've noticed that whenever I create an album, the phone or whatever "decides" which photo to use as the "album cover". Is it possible to changee the cover picture on an album?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mike Poland

jimpido

Reaction score
That one should be pretty easy. if you have multiple folders with different pictures in them, they are sorted in the folder by name. So what you need to do is make whatever picture you want to be the cover photo, change the name to something like "00aA" or "99zZ" depending on the sort of your files; example: by date, by name, by file type, etc. hope this helps.

OP
F

Fab4Rule

Reaction score
Thanks for responding Jim, but folders are different from albums, at least on my phone they are. When I go to My Library, there is an icon at the top left where I can choose to display Albums, Locations, Tags, Timeline, and Folders. If I select Folders, I have Saved Pictures, 2 Messaging folders (don't know why), and Camera. If I select Albums, then I have a list of the albums I have created, which are different than the list of folders. So where exactly do I get to the "name" of the picture? If I press and hold on a picture, I get a menu of different options. One is Edit, but that is to edit the attributes of the picture like color, effects, etc. Another is Picture Info, but that doesn't give me an option to change the "name" of the picture. And how do I find out what the sort order is?????

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :biggrin:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forums Fab4rule! When you open my library, from the upper left icon, you can choose to show your pics by album, location, tag, timeline or folder. From the upper right icon, you can sort by alphabet or by date. It certainly does not give you a whole lot of options. As Jimpido and CJM mentioned, the best way to set a pic to be cover pic for a folder or an album is to change the name of it using a file explorer. If you use MyFiles, find the DCIM folder in your SD card or Internal Phone Storage, find the pics you would like to set as the cover, long press on the pic icon, and choose Rename.

When renaming your pic, just add one or two number 0's in the front of the path.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum Mike!!

Hopefully you get all of the answers ya need :)...