No Chomp Vibration

cableguy

Reaction score
I don't know if it is a conflicting program that it doing it or what, but has anyone here run into an issue where you do NOT receive a vibration notification even though it is set to do so in the Chomp settings?

I have attempted this with all different ring volumes selected.

I cannot think of any other program that might be loaded that over-rides Chomp and disables the vibrate feature on my phone.

The vibrate feature still works for incoming calls.

Thanks for your time and help!

~Cableguy

OP
C

cableguy

Reaction score
Update...

Oh... and I just tried Handcent too.... and I don't get vibrations with my texts there either.

Where to begin?

Mayhew

Reaction score
Had the same problem. I installed an app called "Sound Manager" that I used to make the phone not vibrate or make sounds while I was asleep. This app changed some internal settings of the phone that we don't have access to. I uninstalled the app, did a factory reset of my Droid and still no luck. I was just about ready to return the device, when I read a post about an app called "Smart Vibrate". This somehow made the phone start vibrating again. I would be VERY cautious about installing anything that overrides the stock factory settings.

OP
C

cableguy

Reaction score
Mayhew... thanks for your thoughts... was it "Smart Vibrate" or "Smart Vibrator". Not wanting to sound anal, but I don't want to install the wrong program.

OP
C

cableguy

Reaction score
Well... I couldn't wait, so I tried Smart Vibrator... it restored everything perfectly! You rock, Mayhew!

Mayhew

Reaction score
Happy to be of service. Makes you wonder what damage can be done to a Droid with the "open source" apps that are out there. Now I will research the heck out of anything before installing. Except games.