No Bootloader

leftspin

Reaction score
Recently I've had some issues with the hardware buttons on my Droid X. First the home button went out, which was easily worked around with Button Savior from the Market. Then just a few days ago, the volume up and camera button also stopped working. The SD card also won't mount and claims to have an error, but it works perfectly fine in other phones. This all happened once before, but I was able to fix it by flashing an SBF. I can manage just fine without the camera and volume button, but I need to have access to my SD. I have insurance on my phone and if I take it back to Verizon I can get a refurbished X or X2, but the problem is my phone is rooted (running CM7) and I can't get into bootloader to SBF without the volume up button. I've also tried reboot>bootloader from the power down menu and plugging it into the computer from power off, all of which just boot the phone right back into the OS. Is there any other way to force the phone into bootloader so I can just SBF and bring this thing into the store?

clueless77

Reaction score
its possible there is a way through using sdk and adb in terminal from a computer, this might be an avenue to start researching

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
that's what I was thinking, I did a little bit of searching for that before I created this thread but couldn't find anything

clueless77

Reaction score
well i know you can run commands because you are still able to use phone correct, it should just be a matter of finding the right command after getting into adb shell

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I believe you should be able to with Adb... But I haven't tried... So I don't know the command... But you can try from the terminal emulator on your phone... By typing
Su
Reboot bootloader
That might work... When I get off I'll play around and see if I can figure it out if ya haven't got by then

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well i know you can run commands because you are still able to use phone correct, it should just be a matter of finding the right command after getting into adb shell

Adb shell is just like running things from the terminal emulator on the phone... And it should just be the command I listed above

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
I believe you should be able to with Adb... But I haven't tried... So I don't know the command... But you can try from the terminal emulator on your phone... By typing
Su
Reboot bootloader
That might work... When I get off I'll play around and see if I can figure it out if ya haven't got by then

I tried this, just did a normal reboot again. Thanks in advance for the continued help

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried this, just did a normal reboot again. Thanks in advance for the continued help

Alright... I thought that... Have you tried with Adb?

Post script:I get off in about two and a half hours... So I'll see what I can figure out then

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and did ya remember to type su first?

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Out of curiosity... I don't inure if this will make a difference yet... But are you on a rom? If so which one?

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
He is rooted on CM7GB

X

thanks Brad! You know me as well as I do :p

Anyway, I tried getting into the bootloader through ADB and had no luck, but the phone actually just stopped booting altogether last night which ironically is kind of a good thing because now I can take it back to Verizon and get a replacement and they won't be able to look at the phone and see that it's been rooted/ROM'd

Thanks for all the help guys, hopefully they'll give me another X and not an X2 or some other phone