No Backlight in Dedicated touch-keys

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
Running Liberty Gingerbread V0.8

I'm not sure if there is a way to turn it on or if it's some sort of bug but I have no lighting of the fixed keys on the bottom of the screen. It is impossible to see them in the dark. Suggestions?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You want an apk called adjbrightness. Its not on the market anymore I don't think. I'll see if I can put it on my dropbox and give you a link. With this app, you can control the Backlight (among other things)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
This is just the backlight for the 4 fixed touch keys at the bottom of the screen, yes? Is this a glitch in Lib V0.8 ROM?

(Edit, I just turned on my phone and the lights worked for about 5 seconds and then shut off. Now they won't come back on again, intermittent problem)

Last edited:

Micro23

Reaction score
Running Liberty Gingerbread V0.8

I'm not sure if there is a way to turn it on or if it's some sort of bug but I have no lighting of the fixed keys on the bottom of the screen. It is impossible to see them in the dark. Suggestions?

The same thing happens to me every once and a while. It's definitely a bug. Rebooting fixes it for me every time. Someone said to try taking it off auto brightness and resetting it but I have not tried that since it has not happened in a few days.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The app above works. That should fix your issue

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Micro23

Reaction score
Running apps that take up cpu cycles and battery is not a solution to issues... not sure where your from but thats how you make slow buggy roms....

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Thanks again, I will give it a try. Seems counter intuitive to download an app to fix a bug but if that is the answer then that is the answer. Should I post this issue in the ROMs bug forum?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just until the bug gets fixed. Just trying to be helpful guys. If you can't fix the bug yourself and you have to wait for a jrummy to fix it, whats wrong with an app to assist you? Obviously, replicate the bug and send a logcat to the devs, but Thats what apps are for. Plus these apps are so small, they won't slow down anything.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Thanks again, I will give it a try. Seems counter intuitive to download an app to fix a bug but if that is the answer then that is the answer. Should I post this issue in the ROMs bug forum?

Any bug should be reported in the bug thread. You should also send a logcat to [email protected] (dl alogcat from the market). In the meantime, you can use the apps I suggested if it's bothering you that much.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
No problem, I really appreciate all of your help! I'm not complaining at all, just trying to learn. I didn't want to post it in the bug forum if it was a known issue.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You weren't complaining. Yeah, read the bugs list. Its up to us to post new bugs as they arise to help make the best rom possible.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Micro23

Reaction score
my bad

hope you guys didn't take it the wrong way... reading thru it could be taken wrong. I was just saying that because these days people install 100 apps and then complain that things don't work or battery drains instantly... that's a nightmare...

all good advice in the thread.