No automatic contacts sync to Gmail on Incredible? Back to the Droid I go

Rich734

Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't read through the discussions there. Maybe it will work. You're right - it won't hurt to try I guess. I'll let you know what I find.

Rich

Rich734

Reaction score
Here's the result. First question it asked was "Is your e-mail hosted on Microsoft Exchange 2007 Server?" My answer - NO. Program ended.

Guess that answers that question!

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the result. First question it asked was "Is your e-mail hosted on Microsoft Exchange 2007 Server?" My answer - NO. Program ended.

Guess that answers that question!

Haahahaha (That's was funny), Ah...welll..........that sucks. Sorry man. Well at least understand what the issue is with adding contacts, and can now make sure this doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

tink299

Reaction score
I was very upset when I realized that my contacts had not synced to google from my phone. Luckily I had used backup assistant! Anyway after searching for a while, my fiancé noticed that when you go into people and hit menu there is an option for import export. Select that and follow that prompts. You want to back up to sd card as vcf (vcard file) and you want to back up phone. Then you can import the vcard file into gmail! Tada!!

adamzapple

Reaction score
Three extra taps to add a contact

Its not HTC. Contacts sync the same as my droid did...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Definitely does not on the Incredible. Droid would add contact without having to select any additional fields at all.

On the Incredible, when you add a contact, there's an extra field at the top that says "Contact Type" and it defaults to "Phone" if you forget to change this, the contact will be added to your Phone locally, and not to Google. These contacts also won't sync with your Google account.

You have to manually remember to select that field every single time (one tap), then select your account (2nd tap). If you you select Google, it will prompt you to let you know that some fields may change when adding contacts to Google (3rd tap). So they successfully made it require 3 extra taps to add a Contact to Gmail.

Also, if you forget to select the Contact Type to Google, you can never change this, you'll have to Delete and Add the Contact again to Google.

It's ridiculous.

I agree. I've just confirmed this. I'm glad I found your thread by Googling as I was perplexed as to why my contacts weren't showing up in Gmail. The one good thing is I've discovered this forum!

jmcrabb

Reaction score
I was very upset when I realized that my contacts had not synced to google from my phone. Luckily I had used backup assistant! Anyway after searching for a while, my fiancé noticed that when you go into people and hit menu there is an option for import export. Select that and follow that prompts. You want to back up to sd card as vcf (vcard file) and you want to back up phone. Then you can import the vcard file into gmail! Tada!!

FTW!

Note: after you do this, hit Menu, then View, and uncheck "Phone" so you don't see everything twice.