No Audio (Ringtones or music) Out Rear Speaker?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Awaiting a reply from a PM. Please don't delete.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Note to Moderators, this is NOT a spam thread. I have corresponded with the OP and as a result of his/her reply I have released this thread for replies.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem that Droid MAXX users are having here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/200433-no-sound-external-speaker.html

and I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem on their DROID4?

I've had this happen with mine. No audio of any kind was working. No notifications, no ringtones, no volume volume change acknowledgemetn beep. I tried a reboot and the problem persisted.

What ended up fixing it for me was to make a phone call. I figured that if there's no audio and there's no call audio, something must be borked. When I connected the call and received audio through the earpiece, all sounds returned.

So I'm wondering if there was some error with a smart action that might have cause this hiccup. I haven't seen (heard) the problem since this initially happened.

OP
S

striker1211

Reaction score
I've had this happen with mine. No audio of any kind was working. No notifications, no ringtones, no volume volume change acknowledgemetn beep. I tried a reboot and the problem persisted.

What ended up fixing it for me was to make a phone call. I figured that if there's no audio and there's no call audio, something must be borked. When I connected the call and received audio through the earpiece, all sounds returned.

So I'm wondering if there was some error with a smart action that might have cause this hiccup. I haven't seen (heard) the problem since this initially happened.

I fixed mine by pushing in on the rear speaker. I know it's temporary but I cannot be without my phone for a week :(