No audio MKV file

Reaction score
Trying to play my Topgear Christmas Special on my phone and the video is brilliant but there is no audio. So far the only way I got audio to play is by using the software coding with rockplayer which makes the video very buggy. Is there any way short of converting my mkv files to another file to play them?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mkv isn't a supported format for the native browser. I am a huge fan of top gear and get the episodes in mkv every week and not even a 3rd party player plays mkv well. Have to convert to mp4

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Donisvelt

Reaction score
I use MX video player and turn on S/W audio under the decoder setting. Works great for all my MKV's.
Trying to play my Topgear Christmas Special on my phone and the video is brilliant but there is no audio. So far the only way I got audio to play is by using the software coding with rockplayer which makes the video very buggy. Is there any way short of converting my mkv files to another file to play them?

OP
N
Reaction score
I use MX video player and turn on S/W audio under the decoder setting. Works great for all my MKV's.

Omg thank you so much. Thus was way more effective than converting the file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

berfles

Reaction score
Thanks for the MXVideo suggestion, it's closest to working 100%. Most of the time Top Gear plays fine, but when there is outdoor stuff and the bitrate goes up, it gets a bit choppy. Pretty annoying that there isn't something that works flawlessly. Granted I'm on an X2, but since this thread is here I thought I'd reply to it.