**No App icons on desktop | Reoccurring Issue**

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by the Gnome, Jan 11, 2010.

1. the Gnome

the Gnome New Member

A few times over I have noticed that my home screen will be blank(no app icons/ folders) and the only way to correct it is to restart the phone. Has anybody had this issue and if so, do you have a better solution to correct it then restarting the phone?

:motdroidhoriz: Kind Regards.
  2. joelstep

joelstep New Member

I also have had this issue, but so far the only way i have been able to recover my icons is to reset the phone...
  3. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Same here. Never could narrow it down to why an how. Hopefully 2.1 will eventually come and it'll take care of itself.
  4. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

It kind o happens to Mr but a lot less severe. If I force close an apparently or if I Haley a bunch running and I exit to the homescreen if Will freeze for about 25 seconds, but then everything will load again
  5. vearix

vearix New Member

I was able to consistantly get them to disappear by just opening my keyboard. I uninstalled 'spare parts' and 'checkers' and it seemed to go away. I don't know if either of those caused the problem though.
  6. technologic

technologic New Member

I too have noticed that if a background app doesn't start correctly at boot up, it throws everything else into a tail spin...
  7. Ryzearia

Ryzearia New Member

I'm having the same issue, anyone else find a source of the problem?
  8. Colety

Colety New Member

Same here

I have had the Droid go into fits of this twice now, am in the middle of one as I type. The first time I installed the apps I had installed the previous day and it went away; for about a week now it is back. I have uninstalled updated apps from yesterday and still doing it. I am now stripping background apps (Lookout, Missed call) to see if that makes a difference. I love my Droid, I wish it loved me!
  9. Cerebral Assasn

Cerebral Assasn New Member

I've had this happen to me today. I just installed WaveSecure and when I tested locking the droid remotely, it caused the icons to disappear when I unlocked it. A simple reset seems to have solved the problem. Let's see if it happens again in the future....
  10. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i had this happen once a few weeks ago. scared me a little bit, but all was fine after a quick reboot.
  11. zero7starz

zero7starz New Member

None of you guys are booting apps from an SD card, are you? I am not aware if that is possible for Droid users yet or not, but if you ARE then its probably your SD card either dying or is simply not fast enough to boot your icons. Just went through this whole ordeal with 2 G1s, and they're still being buggy because we couldn't replace the series6 cards yet.
  12. jasonb

jasonb New Member

nope, not rooted or using apps 2 sd. i have no idea why it happened.
  13. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan New Member

Im rooted but not using apps2sd and it happened twice to me today
  14. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter New Member

This happened to me several times until I uninstalled Home++. I'm back to the stock home and the problem has stopped.
  15. knotbeerdan

knotbeerdan New Member

I just did a nandroid backup and my icons disappeared... last time thisbhappened was right after a nandroid backup. And when it does happen it happens twice theen it seems I'm good to go. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe its the culprit
  16. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 New Member

This seems to be happening to people in various unrelated situations. I posted a thread about having this same issue a couple days ago, but no responses. I think there is a process that is failing on the phone. I forget what it's called, but I think it's the equivalent of explorer.exe in Windows. Today, I got an error message saying something like Android yada yada process failed. Don't remember. After I hit OK or whatever, all my icons came back up. No need for a reboot. Off to find that process in the error logs. Hmmm, where are the error logs?
  17. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 New Member

Since you are rooted, can you look in /var/log for any indication to what process may be failing and causing this? I'm thinking it's something with android.process.acore. This has all the information to properly display HOME. Seems to be a common issue across the Android community.

See android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly pls try again later.force close
  18. tebower

tebower New Member

This happens to me every couple of days for no reason. I would assume that it's something Google and Moto are aware of, and probably fixed in future 'iterations' of the software.
  19. Nerf

Nerf Member

Interesting because I had the issue until I installed Home++. I haven't had an issue since.
  20. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Add me to the list. I don't know whee the folders are stored but the have vanished a few times on me. First time was regen my phone got replaced. I had no icons when they swapped my battery and card into the knew phone. I recreated them.Then one day I had two sets of them and had to delete a set. I rebooted after playing with the new multi touch maps and the vanished again. I turned the desktop off (not a reboot) and they were back. Later today they were gone again. T his time closing all apps with task manager brought them back again. I only remade them that first time but today I had a set dups again.Not just v folders but even icons too. Never rooted phone. I do have eave secure but not the other apps listed here.
Search tags for this page

android icon disappeared desktop

android lost desktop icons

droid desktop disappears