1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No app downloading after installing metiCkModV2.1

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by thinkmega, Oct 13, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I was running http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/75695-release-official-frg22d-deodexed-su-busybox.html? before applying metiCkModV2.1-update.zip. I wiped both the data and cache first.

When reboot is completed, I ran the Market app and found only one update pending: Map. I got out and wipe both cache and data of Market app, and the result is the same.

There are 68 apps automatically download from the market in the previous ROM (see above). Did I miss any step?

Please advise. Thanks.
  2. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    It might be because my modded rom has a new market. There are a few factors that can add to this. I wouldn't worry about it.
  3. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

So this new market is not backward compatible? Besides downloading the apps manually, what other alternatives do we have?
  4. jeffe65

jeffe65 New Member

I'm using an earlier version of this ROM, and what I noticed is that after you get some of your apps restored, you will start getting updates from the Market, and then you're good to go. If you're not using a backup like Titanium Backup, use that to get some of your apps back initially, and go from there.

One word of caution: If you're using a different launcher (I use Launcher Pro), be careful about installing or moving installed apps to the sdcard. I screwed mine up doing that, and I believe it's LP's issue. It wouldn't let me install any app from any location, including backups.
  5. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

Thanks for sharing that.

I've given up on this one. The failure of restoring the apps is a major detour. Luckily its original stock build is very reliable. I am happy with that.
  6. Miniblue

Miniblue New Member

I'm using metiCkMod V2.2. Loaded when first posted and direct from the Beta 15 version after three wipes of casche and data. I have had NO problems and apps synced fine with market. I restored from titanium app only. After a week I did bring some of the data in for the traffic jam game and my stations for A online radio.

This mod is fast and stable with none of the junk Verizon forced on us.

Thanks metiCkOne