1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No animation on Charge??

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by dirtleg, May 17, 2011.

1. dirtleg

dirtleg New Member

Had my Charge for a couple days..love it. Everything bad that has been said about this phone is greatly exaggerated. One thing I have noticed is that some of the sites I use (like wunderground.com) the radars don't animate like they should. Java is on, flash is on. I use Dolphin HD...any other Charge users or techies have any ideas?? It worked fine on my Droid and Droid 2.

UPDATE: So Samsung was no help, neither was google. I figured out, that if you want animated gifs, you have to change the "user agent" in settings to 'desktop', not 'android'. Seems a bit crazy, but it works.

UPDATE 2: Now it's back to not working again. But this phone is amazing otherwise, so it's not a deal breaker..but sure an annoyance.
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. dirtleg

dirtleg New Member

After a lot of checking..the only browser I've found that will play the animations is firefox. But it's such a poor browser I don't know which is worse..using it, or being without animations!!! Anyone have any solutions??
Search tags for this page
charge animation not show

droid charge animated gif

droid charge animation
droid incredible 2 no gifs
gifs on charge browser
gifs on droid charge
how do i enable gifs on samsung charge
how to get .gifs to play on samsung droid charge
how to get animations to play on samsung droid charge
how to view .gif files samsung charge
how to view gifs on samsung charge