no android market ? HELP PLease

halo32008

Reaction score
ok so im stuck ive been switching on in off between cyan and blckdroid and i switch to the newest version of cyan . when i did i whiped the cache and all now when i boot my phone i dont have my numbers or the market place app or any of my other ones. I cant seem to figure out how to sync my gmail account because the screen in the beginning didnt show up to sync it. im guessing this is why i dont have the market place . so could anyone tell me how to sync my gmail account. I go to add an account but its asking for an exhange account ? so please help lol

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so im stuck ive been switching on in off between cyan and blckdroid and i switch to the newest version of cyan . when i did i whiped the cache and all now when i boot my phone i dont have my numbers or the market place app or any of my other ones. I cant seem to figure out how to sync my gmail account because the screen in the beginning didnt show up to sync it. im guessing this is why i dont have the market place . so could anyone tell me how to sync my gmail account. I go to add an account but its asking for an exhange account ? so please help lol

Try this. If your recovery is clockwork, just boot into recovery, and select install zip from sdcard. Navigate to the file, and select it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Did you select google apps when you dl cyanogen?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I just gave him the file from cyanogenmod and how to install it. It sounds like he didn't

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I just gave him the file from cyanogenmod and how to install it. It sounds like he didn't

Ok...wasn't sure what "this" was. That should set him straight.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
H

halo32008

Reaction score
link isnt working for some reason on my PC and it says download unsuccessful.?
sorry for the dumb question

Try this. If your recovery is clockwork, just boot into recovery, and select install zip from sdcard. Navigate to the file, and select it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

1 sec I'll see what it says for me.

It's not working for me either... I got the file right off the cyanogenmod.com forum, so I don't know where else to get it honestly. I'll make a post over there and see what they say.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have the file on my computer from a download a long time ago. Your Lucky. :p Just need to upload it somewhere because the file size is too big. Anyone have a idea of where I can upload it?

OP
H

halo32008

Reaction score

It's not working for me either... I got the file right off the cyanogenmod.com forum, so I don't know where else to get it honestly. I'll make a post over there and see what they say.

i did some searching and i found the file ... AWESOME it works thank you sooo much !!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok, I have the file on my computer from a download a long time ago. Your Lucky. :p Just need to upload it somewhere because the file size is too big. Anyone have a idea of where I can upload it?

Ok when I tested this I didn't run through possible scenarios (no time today) but I am thinking a quick fix might be to just reflash the rom and select google apps.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

i did some searching and i found the file ... AWESOME it works thank you sooo much !!

Oh wow. Where did you find it, might I ask?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Great glad you're up and running.