No advanced task manager after LGB.

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by djj624, Jan 27, 2011.

1. djj624

djj624 New Member

Anyone else having this problem. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling it from the market and titanium backup with no luck it works finr on my work phone just not on my personal since I went to LGB. This task manager is the one that looks like a blue phone with a gear behind it. Stinks because this one really saved battery life for me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

The majority of us feel that Task Managers do more harm then good, so I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html
  3. djj624

djj624 New Member

Well how are you keeping good battery life. My phone would last a day no problem with advanced task manager now I have to put it on charge twice in a day with the same usage. I always keep wifi off, screen on auto bright, and click the top after use to turn screen off.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. Dugall12

Dugall12 New Member

What I do to ensure an app gets closed and not put into the background where it will chew up the battery is:
    1 Use any exit commands if it has it or, 2 use the back key to always get out of apps instead of just hitting the home key. If I'm drilled deep in the web browser I open windows and close them the back to exit. I look for and appreciate when apps have an exit key like Music Player Pro and DoggCatcher just to name two.

Droid 1 LGB 1.0 800MHZ
  5. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

Task managers are not inherently bad its the way there used, killing background tasks saves no battery as android will simply restart the process.

SystemPanel works fine in 2.3.
  6. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

If ATK improved your battery life, it's because you have an app that's causing problems. ATK "fixed" this by killing that app. However, the REAL problem is that app, and the only true solution is to figure out what it is, and stop it.

Go into your battery manager and see what's using the most battery, that's a good starting point.

If you want battery life suggestions, look at my thread here. It's for the D2G, but most of what I said is still applicable.