1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No access to sdcard in a Droid Charge. Help, please?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by PesachBenSchlomo, Jan 27, 2013.

1. PesachBenSchlomo

PesachBenSchlomo New Member

I hope I don't give you diagnosticians too much information, but I'm too ignorant to know which part of the story is important and which isn't. I am going to guess that you would rather have as much data as possible, so I appreciate everyone putting up with this.

I used Odin to flash the latest CWM recovery file I could find (0302_charge_recovery.tar.md5) to my ancient Droid Charge, wanting also to flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip: after installing CWM I booted to its interface and checked mounts. I mounted system, but each attempt to mount sdcard failed. I tried factory reset, with wiping of the cache and the Dalvik cache, then tried Odin again to reinstall the CWM: failure, failure, then suddenly success! But still unable to mount, or write to, or complete any activity involving the card.

After much long reading and fooling around, eventually tried to use adb-shell to try to reformat the card (with my crappy, rusty old *nix "skills" from back in the 1980s), but got a permissions error which I guess could also mean I had the wrong path, but anyway I am now stuck with these symptoms: I can get into download mode for Odin, but can't boot the OS - it hangs at the Samsung Logo EXCEPT that I can boot into CWM, but any activity involving the card fails.

Also, getting desperate, I tried CI510_VZW_ED1_ALL_ONE-LTE-CP_REV03_user_CL986330.tar (ED1 through ED4) but Odin reports failure at line 1876, or hangs after "establishing connection". Maybe it will work the 61st or 62nd time, but I am beginning to doubt it, so I herewith beg for help. This all seems quite strange to me, but maybe it is routine for some of you guys. I sure hope so. I am way out of warranty. Thanks so much.

P-ben-S
  2. PesachBenSchlomo

Ach, found them on imnuts; sorry for waste of time and space. May I let you know if I still run into trouble? Thanks.

PBS
  3. PesachBenSchlomo

OK, fantastic, phone is back up, thanks to you - nothing sees the sd card, so I'm guessing that is a mechanical issue, contacts or something. I of course thought the two problems were related. Very grateful for your help. If you ever need your head shrunk or your art and jewelry appraised, send me a PM. I can cook, too. Some Chile Verde, maybe?

All the best, and many thanks.

PbS
Search tags for this page
access sd card on samsung charge
cant access sd card samsung driod charge

droid sd card access

how do i access attachments on my sd card on a droid charge
how to access my sd card on a samsung charge
how to hack a verizon samsung charge phone without sd card
putting info on sd card, samsung charge
samsung android sd card access
what type of sd card does the samsung droid charge support