No ability to tether after ICS update

wallyjaz

Reaction score
I was rooted using the Eclipse ROM, and before I rooted I was able to USB tether, but it does not work with ICS. I am going re-root and install the Eclipse ICS ROM, but I was curious if ICS takes away the ability to USB tether when running the stock ROM.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I had the same problem. When I tried USB tethering it destroyed my signal. I had to restart all my radios. And made my.computer wack out to. Still waiting for some people one else to look into it

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ICS killed the conventional tethering apps, like Android Wifi Tether, etc, it doesn't recognize "ad-hoc" ... but the actual Mobile Hotspot app can be hacked, works like a charm. :)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
MattyP said:
ICS killed the conventional tethering apps, like Android Wifi Tether, etc, it doesn't recognize "ad-hoc" ... but the actual Mobile Hotspot app can be hacked, works like a charm. :)

SQlite editor hack?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

ddfuji

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? and is this only a problem if you also pay for hotspot too? or is this just a "modifying values" issue?

capndroid

Reaction score
Any ideas if the hack to Verizon's tethering causes an automatic billing for that service?

BTW, I tried it and it's working fine.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any ideas if the hack to Verizon's tethering causes an automatic billing for that service?

BTW, I tried it and it's working fine.

No, changing the "entitlement check" bypasses the website where Verizon gets your info to charge you... :)

gtofan350

Reaction score
The sqlite hack great on ics. Just look for entitlement check like mattyp said and you have free tethering