No 4G?

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Not yet. I just texted him to do so. Needless to say, he's not very happy at the moment...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah ..4g radios can go out like a light bulb..any electronic components can..a few years back when 3g was the thing...we had a tower that only controls our neighborhood, go down..when it came back on, my 3g radio fried..brand new phone ..I believe it was the droid x2 and it had juat come out..I was so ticked...

Anyhow..glad he knows now...hardware issue..get another device..

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yeah ..4g radios can go out like a light bulb..any electronic components can..a few years back when 3g was the thing...we had a tower that only controls our neighborhood, go down..when it came back on, my 3g radio fried..brand new phone ..I believe it was the droid x2 and it had juat come out..I was so ticked...

Anyhow..glad he knows now...hardware issue..get another device..

Yeah, I sell electronic security equipment. Electronics can be flaky and frustrating as heck to troubleshoot. I just feel bad for the "kid". He's been having the same horrible time with his Bionic that I had so was really excited to get this MAXX and start living the good cell life again LOL!

He's promised to do a FDR before he ships it back to make sure. I'll be sure to post the results. He doesn't have much faith it'll do anything since safe mode didn't help...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
We're all glad we can help...we have an extensive and brilliant crew around here..all skilled in different areas..all just trying to help..

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
That's why I came here! Y'all have never let me down! The FDR didn't help. He's sending it back for an exchange. Hubby got his activated tonight & is moving in. His works perfectly <phew>.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Late to the party...or non party for your son. Just wanted to say that I hope your son gets a replacement phone that works great. Glad to hear your husbands phone is working OK. The Droid Maxx is a great phone, hopefully just a bad lemon in the mix for your son.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Late to the party...or non party for your son. Just wanted to say that I hope your son gets a replacement phone that works great. Glad to hear your husbands phone is working OK. The Droid Maxx is a great phone, hopefully just a bad lemon in the mix for your son.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Thanks, sajokaz! It's a gamble buying used, a we all know. Fortunately his came with a 30 day warranty. Funny, my husband wanted nothing to do with a new model, but once he saw how smooth mine worked, he bit! I'm just glad his is good. He's not as patient as the boy