No 4g in Charge in a known 4g area

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Ned, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Ned

Ned Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My wife had a Thunderbolt and was getting a 4g signal at work. We switched phones and now I have the Tbolt and she has the charge. She told me that now she only gets 3g at work. I could not confirm because our area does not have 4g yet.

The other day we were both in a 4g area. The tbolt had 3 bars of 4g but the Charge was still on 3g. I rebooted the charge and then it started showing 4g.

She came home today and told me that she only had 3g again at work.

Has anyone else experienced the charge not grabbing a 4g signal unless it is rebooted?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

2. PAlexS

PAlexS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No 4g without reboot

I am experiencing the exact same problem on my Samsung Droid Charge. I know I am in a 4g area, but do not always have a 4g connection.

Sometimes I can get it just by turning the 4g connection off and then an again, but usually I have to restart the phone. Even then, it only stays connected for a short period of time.

I have not found a permanent fix. Has anyone else?

Alex

3. diverbelow

diverbelow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At this time, I have 4G at home and my DC shows 4G all the time. When I travel around SW Washington, my phone switches from 4G to 3G and 3G to 4G with no issues.

4. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same issues, no 4G in a known 4G issues unless I go to Airplane mode and then back out. At other times it has no problems.

5. burningmay

burningmay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OTOH, I do not live in a 4G area but my charge shows it is on 4G. I am not complaining.

6. droidx111

droidx111 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad its not just me. The first 2 weeks i had the charge i loved the 4g. As we speak im working off 3g. If i restart the phone, shut off signal and turn it back on, airplane mod, all these things will.bring back 4g but for a short time. When connected to wifi.my phone works super quick again

sometimes ill even drop service all together and have to reboot.

i called tech support and they said nobody else has said anything so it might be a phone thing/sim card thing. They put in a ticket and they're sending a tech to check service in my area. If all is good they'll replace my sim card. If that don't work....new phone

oh look...4g just kicked back in :S

7. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droidx111, it's certainly not just you, it's impacting many many others. The other consistent theme is that no matter how many times people call tech support over at Verizon on this issue, it's always "wow, you're the first person to report that". C'mon guys, I've got a bridge I can sell you cheap.

I think the honest answer is "Yeah, we've heard this from tons of people and we honestly have no idea what's going on".

8. droidx111

droidx111 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well im not gonna just deal with this....its bogus....they'll make this right or they'll lose an 8yr loyal customer...i pay 120 bucks a month for service.and ill be dammed if i can't use it.

9. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The irony is I just came over from AT&T. They had far more consistent data but along with that came lots of dropped calls. Doesn't seem any of these guys have it right.

10. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    lol,
    we have been there twice as long as you, vzw doesnt care, nor do any of the others.
    its useless to get upset, someone will provide you inferior service, you will accept it, and pay out the arse. its the way it is

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Verizon does care. A lot more the AT&T. The problems are peoples expectations.

You need to understand that when 3G came out, everything wasn't smooth all the time. And it still isn't from time to time there are issues. Well, same goes for 4G.

This is what happens when you jump on the bandwagon of new technology.

12. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i have been on 4g for quite a while, vzw is behind the rest, despite thier network, they will likely be the best when they get the bugs fixed.

Search tags for this page
4g not working on verizon samsung charge

droid charge no 4g

droid charge no 4g connection
droid charge not getting 4g
droid charge not showing 4g
no 4g samsung charge
not getting 4g on my droid charge
samsung charge not getting 4g
samsung droid charge no 4g
sumsung charge wont pick up 4g in a 4g area