No 4G connection for last few days

tayhan

Reaction score
i live in the tri-state area and have just recently returned from a trip to Florida. while down there i had a constant 4G connection like i normally do. Ever since Friday my phone has been on a constant 3G connection:cus:; which we all know makes us feel like we have an iPhone. Is anyone else currently having this problem or has had it before? my phone is rooted running ics 4.0.4 and i have already rebooted my phone a few times which fixed the 4G for an hour or two but then it goes back to 3G. Please Help! Thanks.

RivertonPaul

Reaction score
Although I live in a 4G area, my Bionic is cycling through various connections, including the blazing 1X, and no connection.

OP
T

tayhan

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem...i live in a 4G area but I'm not getting it.

swaggalicious_t

Reaction score
I 2 live in a 4G area & was losing 4G data, which would unexpectedly drop 2 3G or disappear altogether. I would either select airplane mode 2 prompt the change back or reboot my device (inconvenient @ times). Also, here lately I have been experiencing my 4G data connection not disappearing but not having full strength, which prolongs usage of internet activity or executing updates bcuz the strength goes in & out.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I just replaced my bionic with a nexus because of this. I was not only losing data, but the radio would shut of all together for hours at a time. I've had my bionic since launch day, and decided it was the last straw. I fxz'd it multiple times to see if it was an issue of running jelly bean or other custom ROMS but found that not to be the issue.

Jalh

Reaction score
Been having this problem for the last couple days. I went to the verizon store rtoday and replaced the sim card; no avail. So im now sbfing factory image to see if happening because of the root and moded OS. Will let you guys know.

OP
T

tayhan

Reaction score
Sucks to hear other people are having this problem....just an update... everytime i reboot i have 4G but only for an hour or so. I also updated my cell towers using *228 but that hasn't helped. I'm about 6 months away from update day so i need to find a fix for this...good luck to you guys too

lewwill

Reaction score
*228 does not work with the Bionic and may damage ability to receive LTE. My understanding is that it does not work with a sim card phone.

themuttt

Reaction score
seemed to be on 3G all day yesterday while in the city (which of course was heating up the phone as it was burning battery trying to find LTE) but today seems to be staying on LTE. Were they messing with towers on the East Coast or something?

Jalh

Reaction score
Sorry for how long it took me to reply guys. I factory reseted the phone, clean caches and it did not worked, i changed the sim card and nothing, I also SBF the phone and the same stupid problem. So I finally came into conclusion the damn phone 4glte chip was either malfunction or something else was messed up. I ended up requesting a new device after showing up at a verizon store and they sent me a replacement because I was still under warranty. Placed the replaced sim card from the old phone in the new phone and the 4g is always working; no more drop outs or cuts. If you are into the 1 year warranty plan , replace the phone.