No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

Mondingo

Reaction score
update for me! VZW fixed my non-existent 3G issue. No new phone, no factory reset. It was something on the network end apparently! Needless to say I'm stoked about it as I was ready to throw this thing back through the verizon window and wait on the Prime to get here. Now if they could take care of that pesky apps disappearing from the media area issue. or "insufficient memory available" for installs crap... 6 GB available... yeah try again -.-

So what did they tell you they did? Or did they take your phone in the back out of site and do a battery pull? I'm just curious because we all are having the same issue and would like to know what fixes it. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm going to try and get another phone today. I hope they don't tell me to factory reset.....from what I see, that's not going to help.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
they did some reset stuff on their side, and had me pull the battery and sim card and leave it out for about 2 minutes for everything to clear out. It took about 24 hours for everything to take hold, the tech said it may be a few hours... but sure enough to the minute, 24 hours later my 3G was back, and I haven't had data dropped since :). Call up tech support... I also refused to do a factory reset after they walked through all of this other stuff, and they opened up a support ticket on the issue for me. Fair warning it took the phone awhile to boot back up after yanking battery and sim for 2 minutes.. maybe because of the changes on the VZW end? I dunno, but it was quite a few minutes before I even had a network connection after that. I don't know if the sim card pull and reset was what fixed it, or if it really was something to do with their network itself like the tech was saying it "might" be, but something they did fixed my phone *shrug*

I will note it does still take about 30 seconds to swap from 4G to 3G, but not the other way around *shrug* 4G is an instant on.

m@tt

Reaction score
update for me! VZW fixed my non-existent 3G issue. No new phone, no factory reset. It was something on the network end apparently! Needless to say I'm stoked about it as I was ready to throw this thing back through the verizon window and wait on the Prime to get here. Now if they could take care of that pesky apps disappearing from the media area issue. or "insufficient memory available" for installs crap... 6 GB available... yeah try again -.-

and tjk thanks for the info on the prime, looks like it is an OMAP processor as well, and that's good enough for me! :D

Sounds like your issue was with the phone not release to diff towers. Glad your issue is resolve, I'm waiting on new sim card.

Reaction score
new simm card

So I went to Verizon, and they put a new Simm card in my phone.

Only time will tell...However, one promising resut:

Before, when I switched to Wi-fi, 3G would go away. They didnt seem to co-exist in the notification bar. Now since the new simm card, they both are staying on in the notification bar.

Also, she warned me, that if it happens again tonight, I better bring it tommorow as the 14 day DOA policy will be gone....

keeping fingers crossed....

Also, another good sign, when making a voice call, immediately afterwards 3G comes up very fast. There was always a delay before...

RacingTiger03

Reaction score

Before, when I switched to Wi-fi, 3G would go away. They didnt seem to co-exist in the notification bar. Now since the new simm card, they both are staying on in the notification bar.

Also, she warned me, that if it happens again tonight, I better bring it tommorow as the 14 day DOA policy will be gone....

Also, another good sign, when making a voice call, immediately afterwards 3G comes up very fast. There was always a delay before...

congrats money! Glad that they got you squared away. The day I bought mine (launch day of course for me as well lol) the sales-person putting it all together for me even mentioned they had some DOA sim cards. I'm hoping my 3g issues are gone for good too, b/c like you I've got till the end of today... Really missing the 30 day policy now lol. Everytime I think about it I swap to CDMA only, and back once I see active 3g just to verify lol

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
and tjk thanks for the info on the prime, looks like it is an OMAP processor as well, and that's good enough for me! :D

Yup :happy:

Please keep us updated! Heading over to vzw to get a new sim card would be a lot more easier then mailing this in. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Though, my screen froze up this morning when I tried to wake it up from sleep. Did this yesterday while idol. Not happy...

Reaction score
Yup :happy:

Please keep us updated! Heading over to vzw to get a new sim card would be a lot more easier then mailing this in. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

Though, my screen froze up this morning when I tried to wake it up from sleep. Did this yesterday while idol. Not happy...

I will keep everyone up to date. So far, I keep dialing out, and turning wifi on and off, and no issues...I'm feeling good about it for now.

Batman8

Reaction score
I had very similar issues with my Bionic losing ALL data signals (4G, 3G and 1x) and I finally found the reason behind it. When getting my Bionic, the first thing I did (besides rooting it of course) was to sign in with my Google account information and then start to restore all of my hundreds of apps from my Droid-X. Then I started losing my data signal and NOTHING would bring it back... not toggling wifi, airplane mode, bluetooth, even rebooting the phone didn't help. Talking to Verizon AND Motorola for over an hour didn't do any good since neither of them could fix the problem.

I then remembered what another Verizon technician told me a while back when having problems with my other Droids, and that was that "when upgrading to a new phone and having problems, DON'T RESTORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION/PROFILE when signing into your Google account on your new phone" because many times this information gets corrupted and restoring your profile by checking that box basically restores the errors too (sorry but I forget the actual name of this check box but it refers to your personal info, private data, profile or similar wording).

Therefore, the only way I was able to get my data signal back was to unfortunately perform a "factory data reset" and NOT restore my private data, and I have had a strong data signal all day everyday since then (which was last week). I often switch from 3G to 4G and really never even drop down to 1x anymore. I have restored my apps and all is working great!

I know that it can be a hassle to reset your phone because you'll have to put all of your apps/games back, but you do however still get all of you contacts, calendar events and everything back even without restoring your "personal data" and it was the ONLY way I was able to get past the crazy data loss issue. One more thing, when resetting the phone DO NOT select "erase internal storage" because for me that just caused the phone to sit there and hang therefore doing NOTHING forever, so ignore that check box too.

I hope this info helps all who are having data signal issues since it surely cleared mines up and allowed me to enjoy the phone again.

Good Luck.

tomsyco

Reaction score
This is all really just speculation on how to fix this issue. I really wish Verizon would do a press release to acknowledge the problem.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Today's my last day with this Bionic. Followed the suggestion of the user above about reseting without restoring. If this doesn't work I am calling letstalk to get a new one.

tomsyco

Reaction score
I turned my 4g back on last night, and have had 3g connection ever since. I'm starting to think this was some sort of network issue. I think that's why the network was down they must have been doing some kind of update.

Fyi there is no 4g in my area but having 4g enabled caused me to lose network connection.

2000b5

Reaction score
I had similar problems traveling out to myrtle from Charlotte this past weekend. Now this morning I just don't have 4g at all... But at least I do have 3g. Does anyone know if they are having an outage this morning?