No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I actually had the same thing happen to me today. I have no answers for you. Left Charlotte (4g) to drive up to BFE Virginia (3g). When I get to Virginia I have NO data at all. Tried toggling airplane, battery pull and anything else I could think of.

Went to the Verizon store after work, they did the same things with no luck. Next step is replacement from what they say. Having bought it from Costco I have to go there to exchange it (assuming they have any in stock).

Did talk to a Verizon guy on the phone and he was saying there was already a firmware update scheduled for october. And I wasn't the first one to report the data issue, there was actually a note in the system about the issue, but no real solution. Hopefully something good comes of this, pretty irritating!

This started happening to me today when I left Columbia, SC (full 4G coverage) to go to work in my hometown (3G). The phone tried to switch over to 3G and failed. Airplane mode didn't fix it. What confuses me is that I was in my hometown this past Friday and Saturday to work and 3G was working fine...

DeliriousGoddess

Reaction score
It is a known problem. In LTE/CDMA mode it will not get a 3g signal. Verizon level 2 tech support (whatever that is) said they expect a patch from Motorola in November. Verizon tech suggested leaving in CDMA Only mode to get 3g and switch to LTE when you need it then switch back to CDMA so you won't lose data when you leave LTE coverage area. Not sure what to do since 14-day return (with contract cancellation) will run out long before the supposed November patch. I'll bet the November patch is as timely as the Bionic's early second quarter release date.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I've actually had the problem even in CDMA only mode. I've been leaving my phone in CDMA because 4g eats through my battery so quickly and is spotty at best for me anyways. But even in CDMA only, I lose 3g signal intermittently. Then, I have to reboot to get it back. It's not a huge deal when I'm at home, because I just use wifi, but at work, it's a pain when it drops out all of a sudden. I used to have PERFECT 3g signal at work with my D1.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Spotty data connection on moto/verizon's star phone is an issue that should be addressed WELL before november.

Anyway to escalate this? I'm hoping it can be corrected with software and it's not a hardware issue. (remember launch xbox 360s)?

lilhill

Reaction score
I'm sure VZW it's aware of the issue...

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Spotty data connection on moto/verizon's star phone is an issue that should be addressed WELL before november.

Anyway to escalate this? I'm hoping it can be corrected with software and it's not a hardware issue. (remember launch xbox 360s)?

Not everything is perfect. And like I said, its not just their "star" phone that does it.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Not everything is perfect. And like I said, its not just their "star" phone that does it.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

misery loves company I guess. :)

my D1 didn't do it, right up until last week when I retired her. RIP.

ewangw

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I lost my network connection. No 3G, 4G, or anything. Tried toggling wifi and airplane mode with no success. I just finished going through the factory reset and that seemed to do the trick. Out of curiosity, for the folks that were experiencing this issue, was your phone rooted like mine was?

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I lost my network connection. No 3G, 4G, or anything. Tried toggling wifi and airplane mode with no success. I just finished going through the factory reset and that seemed to do the trick. Out of curiosity, for the folks that were experiencing this issue, was your phone rooted like mine was?

I've had the issue and I am not rooted

DeliriousGoddess

Reaction score

Yea Im also not rooted... yet.

ewangw

Reaction score
Yea Im also not rooted... yet.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that being rooted was not a contributing factor. Well, Since going through factory reset yesterday afternoon, I have not had any issues with the network connection. During my commute to work, I pass through 3G and 4G areas and the phone has been making the transition with no problems.

bfolks

Reaction score
My phone is permanently stuck on 3G. Verizon has done battery removal, soft reset, hard reset and replaced the SIM card. They say it needs to be replaced. Got it at Costco and they are completely out of them! Going to return it. FYI Costco does not sell phones - it is thru an affiliate company Wireless Advocates, LLC with TERRIBLE customer service.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I started noticing this problem shortly after I had installed the "LTE Switch" app. After using it for a few days I uninstalled it and am not having the issue any more. Not sure why that would affect my phone - from what I understand all the app is is a shortcut to the settings area - but uninstalling it seemed to solve my issue...

stevo95

Reaction score
Still having the issue. Happened today when I was out driving locally. Just dropped the data connection for no reason. Tried airplane mode, turning on/off data, eventually when I got back home I turned on WiFi and the 4G came back.

I also had the LTE switch installed and removed it. If anyone has any suggestions on a fix, would love to hear it. Loving the phone but this is a major source of frustration right now.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm having this issue, it seems to happen when I use wifi at home.. I have no data BUT I can make phone calls and send texts... even with wifi off... it shows bars but no 3g.. been trying to fix it all morning, had this problem yesterday and thought it was something else. glad to know I'm not the only one... I don't think my wife has had this issue yet, going to ask her later if she's had it happen.

if this keeps up I will be moving to the D3 and screw the 4g which I only have at work anyways.

Mondingo

Reaction score
Well I had my Bionic for 2 days with the same problem. Good thing I bought it at Best Buy.. I went in and told them the problem. He grabbed a new one for me off the shelf and a new sim card, no questions asked. He said he knows about the problem. This one has been working with no data problems from 3g to 4g. Best Buy is awesome. If it was Verizon, it would be like pulling teeth.