No 3G?

OMEGA5

Reaction score
I went to bed last night and put my droid on the charging dock as I always do, and this morning I have no 3G service and can't connect to the network for anything. I still have cell service. Any ideas? Could 3G just have gone out in my area? Or is there something in the phone that somehow got turned off? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's no setting in the phone to connect to 3g vs. the regular network... 3g is connected by terms of availability. Maybe the towers near your house are being serviced or something went out with VZW..... try powering down and rebooting your phone.... see if that helps.

you can also try *228 option 2.... just some ideas.

OP
OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Reaction score
yeah did that already and nothing. It came back on for a while a little bit ago and is now off again, I assume this means they are servicing it or there is a tower problem. This is the first time since I got the phone that I haven't had 3G so I know it's not my location...

spalding12

Reaction score
yeah did that already and nothing. It came back on for a while a little bit ago and is now off again, I assume this means they are servicing it or there is a tower problem. This is the first time since I got the phone that I haven't had 3G so I know it's not my location...

it's your network
plain and simple
let them fix it and you'll have 3G back
i promise

jmilt13

Reaction score
Its not the network, this has been reported by other users, including myself. A battery pull will get 3g back, no solution has been found.

spalding12

Reaction score
Its not the network, this has been reported by other users, including myself. A battery pull will get 3g back, no solution has been found.

you just gotta love new technology
this morning....
my wife's new blackberry tour thought it was a GSM phone, after a restart
for no reason
that's been ALL OVER THE CRACKBERRY FORUMS
had to reset it, following their forum's directions
that's after i spent 30 mins on phone with verizon tech.... who were NO HELP AT ALL....

5 mins on the 'net found me my solution
verizon...... what are you doing?
there are thousands of high-qualified folks out of work because of the economy..... hire some to replace the morons on the phone who know nothing.... please

JayMonster

Reaction score
If you are out west, then it certainly could be the network as Verizon has some serious issues and network outages yesterday/this morning.

ItsEcko06

Reaction score
i've noticed this only after the 2.0.1 update. i haven't had my messaging app freeze up on me anymore but my 3G service will go away in areas i know i have 3G but a power cycle will msot likely bring it back