No 3g till restart...

elPrez

Reaction score
Why?
I can be in an area and have 1 or 2 bars and no 3G, power the phone down and restart, hey 3 or 4 bars and 3G without moving an inch.:icon_evil:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you seem to be in a deadspot. I go to my uncle's house alot and he only lives about 3 miles from me, but I get horrible signal in his house. The funny thing is he lives literally 200-300yds away from a Verizon store.

OP
E

elPrez

Reaction score
If i was in a dead spot how could I get the signal without moving an inch? Just power off and on and it's all good?

atlrus

Reaction score
Something may be wrong with Verzon (I assume). Today I had no internet at my house until I restarted my phone - I've always had 3g at home. The funny thing - while browser and apps said "no connection", in the settings it showed 95db connected.

I am secretly hoping that they are upgrading our towers for 4g :) Not very possible, though...Probably just a glitch

mrmccain

Reaction score
I've had the same problem multiple times. It seems like it happens to me the most after heavy use when my phone is hot. I'll go from 3g or 4G and all of a sudden go to whatever it is when there are bars but it doesnt say what your signal is.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

OP
E

elPrez

Reaction score
*228 didn't help. It's pretty frustrating. Trying to check something online and can't because no 3G so I have to wait for the power down then restart. Gets old real quick.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Just put it in airplane mode and give it about 15 seconds then turn airplane mode back off. You'll get a new IP addy and you won't have to do a full reboot.

OP
E

elPrez

Reaction score
Just put it in airplane mode and give it about 15 seconds then turn airplane mode back off. You'll get a new IP addy and you won't have to do a full reboot.
That works, thanks:icon_ banana:
Still not sure why it has to be done in the first place but this is better than the shut off route.

OP
E

elPrez

Reaction score
That works, thanks:icon_ banana:
Still not sure why it has to be done in the first place but this is better than the shut off route.
Nevermind....still doesn't work right:icon_evil: