No 3g signal

bsmith0731

Reaction score
What's wrong with my phone? Can't get a data connection.

4g popped up but now its gone...

I have a 4g hot spot and it has a 4g signal.

So no 4g or 3g. This has been happening all day. And I've traveled at least 100 miles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
4g working fine for me, could possibly be your area.

Try restarting your phone or going into airplane mode.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pull battery and sim card, let phone sit for 90 seconds, reinsert card and battery. If that doesn't solve the problem, and you're sure it isn't simply a data outage in your area, contact Verizon and see about getting a new sim card.

If your problem persists, and you do want to keep trying to fix it, "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. Backup everything on your sdcard that you want to keep as a Factory Data Reset wipes the sdcard. There are apps in the Market that will backup everything including SMS and Text messages. 3. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 4. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 5. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

If it still doesn't work, then it's time for a warranty replacement, IMHO!

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Pull battery and sim card, let phone sit for 90 seconds, reinsert card and battery. If that doesn't solve the problem, and you're sure it isn't simply a data outage in your area, contact Verizon and see about getting a new sim card.

If your problem persists, and you do want to keep trying to fix it, "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. Backup everything on your sdcard that you want to keep as a Factory Data Reset wipes the sdcard. There are apps in the Market that will backup everything including SMS and Text messages. 3. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 4. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 5. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

If it still doesn't work, then it's time for a warranty replacement, IMHO!

Do you think its possible to do a nandroid back up and titanium back up then send those to your computer and do a full factory reset and bring your back ups over and restore??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you think its possible to do a nandroid back up and titanium back up then send those to your computer and do a full factory reset and bring your back ups over and restore??

I wouldn't do the Nandroid restore thing as that seems like it would risk restoring the problem too?

The titanium backup stuff could be moved to computer and then back to phone. But I would only use it to restore app data - no system data.

I just installed a new rom, about 25 minutes ago, and Google restored 100% of my apps. I then spent about 15 minutes putting my settings back in and using titanium backup to restore "data only" for some apps - SPB Shell 3D Launcher, Tapatalk, Mixzing (my music app), etc. In about 20 minutes I have a clean install with all apps freshly installed and with all my settings back in place.

Good luck