No 3G service

pyrofreak

Reaction score
i installed chevys 3.1 rom and this morning when i woke up i have no icon where the 3g thing used to be its just not there no 1x no 3g the only thing that shows up is the wifi icon if i turn it on if wifi is not on then nothing will load no webpages no apps that use data im freaking out what do i do?

i get a force close when i turn the phone on it says google partner setup process com.google.android.partnersetup has stopped unexpectedly

Last edited:

virtualhuman

Reaction score
i installed chevys 3.1 rom and this morning when i woke up i have no icon where the 3g thing used to be its just not there no 1x no 3g the only thing that shows up is the wifi icon if i turn it on if wifi is not on then nothing will load no webpages no apps that use data im freaking out what do i do?
I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable will be along soon, but since you're freaking out, I'll let you know things should turn out just fine. I am running the same ROM with no issues. Have you tried a reboot? A battery pull? Did you wipe before you installed it (this is very important, especially if you were not on a source code based ROM before)? Did you make a backup before you installed it? Does that work?

Take a deep breath and start doing some problem-solving instead of panicking and you should be fine :)

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
yeah ive rebooted and done battery pulls i did wipe before i installed it and no a restore does not work it just keeps giving me that force close i think im just gonna do a data wipe and start over

virtualhuman

Reaction score
Just to be clear, when you initially installed (and what you should do now) - in SPRecovery do both of the following, twice: "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition".

If you don't do that, odds of problems are good.

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
i tried it but it said my phone didnt need to be updated now that im going to the activation stuff again my phone wont even connect to wifi to communicate with google and let me sign in to my gmail account

virtualhuman

Reaction score
OK I googled that process you edited into the first post, and it looks to me like your issue might be related to permissions. This is kind of outside my level of knowledge/comfort zone with this stuff, so you might want to wait for someone else to come along, but you could also try looking for info on how to do that. One relatively easy way I can think of is to get ROM Manager from the Market and there's an option on the main screen of the app to "Fix Permissions". To do that, though, you're going to need to let it put Clockwork on as your recovery (And then you could go right back to SPR after running fix permissions, by selecting the "Flash Alternate Recovery" option down at the bottom. I certainly can't guarantee this will help you though...

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
i need help please im stuck in some kind of weird boot loop where it stays on the m starts to go then goes back to the m and goes into the recovery menu without me hitting anything am i screwed?

virtualhuman

Reaction score
I found another way for you to fix permissions, since I realized from the way you wrote, you may not be able to get into the market either.

SS3.1 comes with an app called terminal emulator. You can get this file:

http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/fix_permissions.sh

put it on your SD card, then go into Terminal emulator and do the following:

su [hit enter]
sh /sdcard/fix_permissions.sh [hit enter again]
reboot [hit enter one last time]

virtualhuman

Reaction score
I found another way for you to fix permissions, since I realized from the way you wrote, you may not be able to get into the market either.

SS3.1 comes with an app called terminal emulator. You can get this file:

http://n0rp.chemlab.org/android/fix_permissions.sh

put it on your SD card, then go into Terminal emulator and do the following:

su [hit enter]
sh /sdcard/fix_permissions.sh [hit enter again]
reboot [hit enter one last time]

virtualhuman

Reaction score
i need help please im stuck in some kind of weird boot loop where it stays on the m starts to go then goes back to the m and goes into the recovery menu without me hitting anything am i screwed?
You are not screwed. Any time you can get to the "M" or into recovery, you are OK :)

Did you make a backup before all of your ROM Manager flashing? If so, restore it. If not... try grabbing a clean file to install.

OP
pyrofreak

pyrofreak

Reaction score
i got a new 2.0.1 update to install and i put it on my sd card and when i got to apply update.zip it says verifying current system then it says

assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/lib/libmedia.so" E:error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7) installation aborted

when i try to reboot it stays on the M the goes straight into the recovery menu without me hitting anything and its the stock one where you have to hit up and the camera button to get the options to pop up im so confused and stuck. this sucks bad.

virtualhuman

Reaction score
I know this is nerve-wracking, but when you can get into recovery, the phone isn't bricked. You should be able to figure this out eventually...

In the meantime (apologies for asking, but) is the update.zip named correctly? (It should be update.zip not update.zip.zip - you can right click on it on your computer and check "properties".

You could also try applying a nandroid instead of an update.zip file. How about grabbing SS3.0 (the nandroid link for 3.1 has been down) here and trying this:

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download SimplyStunning-v3.0.zip

EDIT: you might also try PMing a mod to see if they can move this thread to the Rescue Squad section...