No 3g Liberty 3

jackalsc

Reaction score
Hey everyone, have DL Liberty 3 and installed a few times and have dialed *228, nothing is working. Love the rom. If anybody knows why I can't get my 3g to work please help. Thanks JacKalSC

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

HutRU01

Reaction score
Are you running any other mods?? I am on Liberty 3 (v2.0) and tried flashing Jakesbites v16 and lost my 3g connection. I just reflashed liberty 3 and its back again. I am assuming you are wiping data via recovery before you install correct?

OP
J

jackalsc

Reaction score
I wiped b4 install, is there a way to wipe my phone not in recovery. I always select restore back to stock then select file from sd card to install. Can't ever install from rom toolbox

OP
J

jackalsc

Reaction score
Oh and after flash do I need to go through phone setup then go back and install or can I just go ahead and run it from recovery

HutRU01

Reaction score
I select wipe data/factory reset. Is that what you select or are you backing up and restore?

HutRU01

Reaction score
Here is what I do and I read was the best way.

Reboot into recovery
Wipe data/factory reset
Iinstall zip from zipcard (select Liberty zip in recovery and install via recovery)

Btw, it really helps to have Titanium Backup Pro because it backs up all your settings in the apps, even widgets. Just an FYI

OP
J

jackalsc

Reaction score
K ill try again and see if it works, thanks. Ill let u know if it works out. Such a great rom

OP
J

jackalsc

Reaction score
Still a no go man, dont understand why. Do you have a snapshot of your phone info. Maybe there is something that im missing. If so that could help I can look an compare

OP
J

jackalsc

Reaction score
Yeah system version is different. Wonder if that's causing the prob. On 2.3.3 but everything else is different

HutRU01

Reaction score
Only thing I would know to do is SBF to froyo, get OTA GB update, then wipe and flash to Liberty 3 via recovery. I know its a PITA but that's what I had to do when I was on a previous version of Liberty.

OP
J

jackalsc

Reaction score
Thanks, been a ton of help. Did you just look up the froyo or is it on the verizon website. Never had to go backwards b4

HutRU01

Reaction score
ttp://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-2-discussion/5323-tbh-mydroidworld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html
(You will need to register at mydroidworld.com for the links.....refer to the update halfway down the first post)

When you are flashing the SBF, once it gets to a certain point, you have to hold down the up arrow button in order for you to get a PASS and a not FAIL on RSD Lite. You will see what I am talking about when you get to it. You will want to install the drivers on your computer/laptop and RSD Lite, then download the SBF file and you can flash it back to stock.

Once that is done, you go to system updates and you will be able to get the OTA GB update. From there Liberty v3 can be installed.

There are a few video guides if you search youtube for Droid 2 SBF to stock. It seems like a lot at first, but once you have done it, its not that bad....just time consuming.

rustydogg

Reaction score
I only have 3G access through the toggle on the drop down menu. That's the only way that I can turn 3G on and off. Is that normal or my phone acting funky? I think I got all the other wireless settings.