No 3g connection?

Reaction score
Have been using phone all day on 3g and wifi then all of a sudden it won't connect to 3g, therefore no sms or mms or internet. Can only use internet on wifi. Had this problem before and couldn't find a solution. Next morning, it was fixed. Any answers to why?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

satoru

Reaction score
Have been using phone all day on 3g and wifi then all of a sudden it won't connect to 3g, therefore no sms or mms or internet. Can only use internet on wifi. Had this problem before and couldn't find a solution. Next morning, it was fixed. Any answers to why?

Try turning airplane mode on then off. Should get you a better connection. I had something similar happen and that fixed it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
R
Reaction score

Try turning airplane mode on then off. Should get you a better connection. I had something similar happen and that fixed it.

Still no 3g connection

satoru

Reaction score

Still no 3g connection

It took a min to reset itself for me. Anymore info you can provide would help. like what you were doing when it happened, what rom your on, if any, etc..

OP
R
Reaction score

Still no 3g connection

It took a min to reset itself for me. Anymore info you can provide would help. like what you were doing when it happened, what rom your on, if any, etc..

Stock, but rooted. No mods done. I was browsing the web and texting, and on gtalk. Then texts wouldn't send. Its gotta be something with the phone because it happened again like a week ago. This is a warranty phone as well so I'm really thinking of getting a different phone if possible.

satoru

Reaction score
Still no 3g connection

Stock, but rooted. No mods done. I was browsing the web and texting, and on gtalk. Then texts wouldn't send. Its gotta be something with the phone because it happened again like a week ago. This is a warranty phone as well so I'm really thinking of getting a different phone if possible.

Yea, the phones they give out for warranty don't ever seem to be good. You should tell them what happened. Also I have never browsed web, text and talk at same time. Maybe they all got jumbled in a sense?

OP
R
Reaction score

Yea, the phones they give out for warranty don't ever seem to be good. You should tell them what happened. Also I have never browsed web, text and talk at same time. Maybe they all got jumbled in a sense?

I doubt its because of such heavy use because for me, that's quite light use. The last time this happened I was able to still make calls. I am now too. In the morning when verizon customer service is open ill call and tell them what happened. Hopefully will get a new phone. I've only had this one for not even a month

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Just to clarify something:
it won't connect to 3g, therefore no sms or mms or internet
SMS doesn't need 3G. You can send texts over regular 2G connections, unless you always use MMS format even for regular texts.

wildbill86

Reaction score
My data connection disappears sometimes too, even when in a reliable area. Airplane mode will freeze phone. I usually just wait a few minutes, or reboot.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
R
Reaction score
My data connection disappears sometimes too, even when in a reliable area. Airplane mode will freeze phone. I usually just wait a few minutes, or reboot.

Sent from my rooted D2G

Because I am in the U.S. and do not travel outside the country, therefore the Global network i do not need to use. Verizon Customer Service stated that sometimes when on the Global network, you can get kicked off 3G randomly, which is what was happening to me. The solution was to switch to CDMA mode. If this does not work, then this phone has a hardware issue and will be replaced. Thanks everyone for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I am always in cdma mode, I don't travel either.

Sent from my rooted D2G

warped1987

Reaction score
Kinda half answers a question i asked myself earlier, i was putzing around the settings and saw i could switch from Global to CDMA and something else, was wondering that since i dont travel if switdching to CDMA would matter or have any benefits.

jillupm

Reaction score
lost 3g day before yesterday

I tried all the things suggested-toggle to airplane mode, soft reset. No change. As a last resort,I did a factory reset. It worked. And it wasn't as hard as a feared to get my phone up and running again.

dancedroid

Asphyx

Reaction score
This may be old info for some of you but it warrants mentioning in regards to this thread....

The D2G will automatically try and switch to GSM when it loses a CDMA signal. If you happen to live in an area where reception is not all that great (mostly Rural and or urban dead spots).

These changes affect battery life in a bad way so one of the first thing you should do is go into settings Wireless & networks - Mobile Networks -Network Mode, And change the setting to CDMA Only(EVDO not Auto) while you are in the US and GSM Only when you are outside the country.

This will save battery power and also get rid of any reception issues because it is not spending any time trying to figure out which radio system to use.

Anyone having Radio issues or issues of connection should try this tweak.