1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No 1080p Option in Video Settings (Droid Bionic)

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by TDB, Sep 29, 2011.

1. TDB

TDB New Member

Would like to know if I'm missing something here... I'm no tech genius but pretty savvy. I've been pushing my Droid Bionic (not yet rooted) to the limit and exploring every avenue. I'm sure I previously set the recording quality to 1080p. I went down to visit the 911 Memorial and ran into Michael Moore at a nearby Wall Street protest and pulled out my phone and started recording away. Played the vid on my high def tv and realized that the quality seemed sub 1080p so went back to check my recording settings only to find NO 1080p option. Options in settings stops at 720x480. I've rebooted several times and I'm now in the process of uninstalling recently installed apps to see if any other them is the cause of this problem. My next step before ordering a replacement is to restore the factory defaults. Hoping you guys can save me from even doing that.
    Thanks a million
    TDB

It doesn't end there. My Bionic only shows 8GB of internal storage. CRAZY. Definitely getting a replacement phone.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. Wadzii

Wadzii New Member

the list of video resolutions can scroll.. i thought the same thing but the option for 1080 was there. its 720 by default
  3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Yea scroll up one, its not obvious, but its there.
  4. TDB

TDB New Member

Again I'm not a tech genius but pretty savvy...the top option is 720x480. Can't scroll anymore...trust me. But thanks.
  5. Shadez

It would be very unusual it not being there. Scroll down, 1080p is at the top of the list. If you still don't see it, take it to a vzw store and show them.
  6. TDB

TDB New Member

Made this vid just for you guys. Check it out...it should be live in a while.
    NO 1080p!!!! Come on, I'm not technologically challenged.
  7. Shadez

Ok I believe you lol .. try this tho, try selecting the highest you can then try scrolling again.
  8. TDB

TDB New Member

Already did. I've selected every possible options and combo of options. Nothing. If I don't get a solution soon I'll just restore factory defaults and see what happens. I've already backed up apps and settings so really should just try it out now.
  9. Shadez

Yea that is really strange ... you have nothing to lose with with the factory reset then.
  10. TDB

TDB New Member

I found and solve the "problem". I was getting ready to do a factory reset and realized that I would not be able to retrieve anything saved to my SD Card since I had data encryption turned on. So decided to turn off the encryption and the phone went through a security boot cycle. Suddenly I remembered seeing so reduce resolution warning back when I chose to encrypt my data. After the boot I went back to the camera and checked the options and I now have my 1080p recording option back. Now if I can only solve the problem as to why my Bionic only shows an internal storage of 8GB.
  11. Shadez

Well glad you have it fixed. You only see 8 gigs because that is your 8 gigs to use. The other 8 gigs is dedicated to the system.
Search tags for this page

1080p droid bionic

android 1080p video camera settings

android data encryption record video 720

droid bionic true 1080p

losing 1080p after encryption droid 4

motorola droid 1080p settings

not getting 1080p option

playing video recorded droid bionic