Nintendo Refutes Rumors of Plans to Use Android for Their Next Console

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nintendo_logo-red-black.jpg

Unless they are simply in "plausible deniability mode" because it's true, the executives at Nintendo just shot down yesterday's intriguing news that they were considering using Android for their next console. At the end of the day yesterday, a Nintendo spokesperson told the WSJ,

“There is no truth to the report saying that we are planning to adopt Android for NX.”

That seems like a pretty definitive refutation. It's too bad really. It's not a bad idea at all. Perhaps the Nintendo execs should rethink their position... what do you guys think?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am not surprised. I thought this would be way too easy to root and get around all of the usual anti-piracy controls that these game console companies build into these things. Not that it won't happen anyway, just seems like too many Android devs that could do this easily.

ognerd

Reaction score
There's no way Nintendo would use anything but proprietary software.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm actually glad to see this. Don't get me wrong, I love android. But Nintendo has always done their thing and I'm glad to see them stick to it. Android is great at doing what it was meant to do, but seeing it shoe-horned into devices it wasn't designed for and not exactly function at 100% drives me nuts.

Not to mention, while there are some great games out for android, they'd still need something proprietary about it to read discs or play downloaded "official" Nintendo (insert console name) games instead of just android games that were designed mostly for phones and tablets.